11

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 11

For more than 2hours khadijah has been unconscious, Abubakar donated the blood to her, her mum, junior sister and brother's wife are currently sitting in the hospital room giving khadijah a worried look, she sustained a serious injury on the head that makes her loss alot of blood aside that she's perfectly fine.

"Khairat you should go home,
Look at your daughter is stress out and you said you have exams tomorrow,
Go and rest."hajiya halima say and khairat sigh.

"Let's go so i can drop you home,
I want to go and pick the kids from school."Maryam, khalil wife say standing up.

She collect the baby from khairat and the two leave the hospital room.

"No,
I'm fine,
How's the patient in room 4?"abubakar ask exiting from his office.

"She haven't gain consciousness,
Her relative are here,
They where asking of you,
I told them you were busy."the nurse say and abubakar nod.

He saunter to the khadijah room,
He's been in the theatre for the past 2hours, he know he needed to test especially after donating the blood but work always comes first, he open the door.

"Good evening ummah."he grey and khadijah mum smile at him.

"Abubakar,
How are you?
How is the work,
Thank you very much,
I don't even...

"Ummah is fine,
You don't have to thank me for that,
I'm glad i could help,
You can go and rest home,
If she wake up i will call you,
It's getting late."he say and khadijah mum look at her daughter with a sigh.

"Nanah isn't very good when it comes to handling pain, I want to be around when she wake up, it's been more than two hours yanzu,
Hope she's ok."hajiya halima say and abubakar glance at the heart monitor and nod.

"She's fine,
Just go home and rest,
I will call you immediately she wakes up."abubakar say and hajiya halima nod.

"I will just go and prepare something that she can eat if she wake up."she say and abubakar nod with his gaze fixed on khadijah, she have the most innocent face while asleep, it's until she is awake with the attitude.

"Thank you soo much abubakar,
I really appreciate."Hajiya Halima say and abubakar nod with a smile.

He walk her out, and they head to the parking lot as they make small conversation with the woman he find it hard to believe she's khadijah mum,
She seem like a very charismatic woman with the most beautiful smile he's seen.

He asked one of the doctor leaving to drop her off at home, he wait until they drive out of the hospital before he head back inside, he decide to eat a decent meal for dinner and pray before resting for a while.

*******************

The alarming pain on her head is the first thing that register to her, despite her aching body and the unnecessary beeping sound which she's sure is coming from the annoying hospital monitor she still refuse to open her eyes, her mind drift to the last scenario, the screeching of the tyre and the shattering of the windshield flashing right before her eyes is what makes her quickly open her eyes.