45

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 45

FATIMA'S POV

Usually I'm not a morning person, I love and value my sleep especially with how exhausted i am from the long night with Abubakar,
I wake up so tired and hungry, I grab my phone to check the time and its 15minutes past 12pm, I sigh and come down from the bed.
I deliberate on wether or not to change the halfquater and long sleeve pyjamas I'm wearing or head downstairs like this, I would love to bath but I'm so hungry, I wonder if my husband is still home, as if reading my thoughts the door to the bedroom open and he walks in.

"Good morning."I greet and he smile at me.

"You are finally awake,
How was your night?"he ask and i nod cleaning my eyes with the back of my hand.

"I will be right back,
I've been called for an emergency at the hospital,
You should go downstairs your food is there."he say and i nod.

I head for the door and we both exit together as he ask me if I'm ok with how my bedroom look.

As we come down the stairs i spot Nanah clearing the dinning table, I'm nervous Nanah sure is older than me but she's beautiful and doesn't even look 30 as she claimed to be.

"Nanah i will be right back."Abubakar say and i swear to God he says it as do he's scared of her or something, she look up at him before glancing to me and then go back to what she's doing.

I watch as my husband quickly exit the parlour and i turn my gaze to the dinning table but nanah is gone, I walk to the kitchen where the sound is coming from.

"Good morning Aunty Nanah."I greet and she look up at me from what she's doing by the sink.

"Morning."she say and continue doing her chores.

It makes me wonder if this is how she is or is it because of me, I walk inside the kitchen and stand clueless to what to do, I look around the big tasteful kitchen and release a heavy breathe.

"There's jellof rice and chicken if you want to eat."she say and i look back to her.

"No it's fine i will drink tea but later I will eat the rice."I say and she didn't say a word.

I wait until she clear up the kitchen and leave before I release a heavy breathe of exhaustion.
Nanah doesn't look very welcoming but I don't honestly expect her to be welcoming especially knowing that I will give the one thing she can't give to abubakar "children"

Nanah's POV

When I make the decision to come back to Abu's house this morning, I'm not very sure what to expect but definitely not him asking me annoyingly what happened to my head,
I don't have anything against Fatima but I will like to maintain my boundaries, I don't want unnecessary problem,
I will speak to Abu again regarding the money he promised me to start business maybe that will keep me busy, I am currently arranging my closet putting some of Abu's dirty clothes in the hamper so I can seperate them differently for the laundry when my bedroom door open, I don't bother to look up because I know it's Abu, I dont expect that girl to come to my bedroom.

I peek from the closet and sure enough it's Abu.

"Nanah."he call and i didn't answer rather i continue with what I'm doing.