14

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 14

"How are you feeling now?"hajiya halima ask staring worriedly at her daughter, every passing day her situation seems to escalate, she barely eat and is always isolating herself, she's worried something is disturbing her daughter but she doesn't want to share, she's letting it eat her up.

"Fine,"khadijah say, she honestly don't know what is wrong with her, she doesn't even know if she will call this sickness because she do know she's perfectly fine, the only thing that seems to be on her mind is Abubakar, she have try calling him but it's like he blocked her something because the contact didn't go through.

"Stand up and go take your shower then we will go to the hospital."Hajiya Halima say and khadijah sigh but didn't object, she stand from the bed but staggered Lossing her stamina and crumble on the floor, the blurry figure if her mum is the last thing she see before everything goes blank.

*********************

"Nanah how are you feeling?"her mum ask and khadijah look around the hospital room.

"Fine."she say as the door open and abubakar walk in.

"Good evening ummah."He greet as khadijah stare at him.

"How are you Abubakar?"she ask and he nod with a lopsided weak smile.

He grab the med record sheet from where it's hooked on the bed and begin going through.

"Good Evening."khadijah greet and abubakar glance at her before turning his gaze back to the sheet.

"Evening Nanah,
How are you feeling?"he ask, it's like an empty conversation with no emotions, khadijah mind drift to the previous time she was in this hospital, the way he tenderly attend to her and his voice isn't this free of emotions.

"Fine."she mutter and look down at her fingers.

"Well it shows here your blood pressure was low m and your PCV  slightly dropped, you are not eating well and you have been stressed out lately."he explained before looking up from the sheet.

Hajiya Halima phone start ringing so she leave the hospital room to answer it leaving the two alone.

There's a long silence between the two, abubakar flipping through the sheet trying to read through whatever but couldn't concentrate especially with khadijah intense gaze penetrating through him.

"Abu."khadijah call it's almost like a whisper but he hear making him to look up at her.

"I.... I'm.....I..."she couldn't say it, apology is something she always find it difficult to do, that 5 letters word are her weakness.

"It's ok Nanah,
I will write down this Medication for you and.........

"Are you getting married?"khadijah ask and abubakar give her a confuse look , the question definitely comes unexpected to him.

"Yeah."he say and remove his pen from his pocket and grab the prescription sheet from the drawer by khadijah bed.

He can feel how his heart is hammering in his chest, he feel so uncomfortable with the way khadijah is staring at him, he quickly scribble down what he want to and look up yet avoiding he gaze.

"I will send the nurse to bring the medication."he say putting the prescription inside his pocket, he turn to leave but khadijah quickly grab his hand making him to turn, instantly wiggling his hand out of hers.

"Abu.. I'm.......I....
Why?"khadijah say confused staring at him.

She want to apologize so badly, she want to also ask him why he's getting married, there are alot of things on her mind that she want to ask him but she couldn't.

"Nanah,
I don't know what's on your mind but,
Sorry for ever bothering you in the past, also yeah I'm getting married,
Life they say doesn't stop just because someone doesn't like you, another person would, I hope some day you also find that type of guy you want."he say and release a heavy breathe before quietly leaving the hospital room.

Khadija just stare, how can she even tell him that she's sorry, and that he's the type of guy she want in her life, she just stare blankly at the wall and start crying once again because it's the only thing she can do.

***********************
Abubakar pov

My wedding is fast approaching yet I still find myself thinking about Nanah,
I keep asking myself what is it she wanted to say few days ago when she was admitted,
I don't want to believe that Nanah will miraculously fall in love with me, she's just unpredictable.

I'm currently standing outside the mall parking space waiting for ramlat, she called me earlier if I could pick her up so i decide to come, she told me she will be out in a jiffy, I look around the shanty parking space and my eyes caught the familiar face exiting the mall, there are alot of bags on her hand that makes her stagger and i cringe at the way the items sprawl out of the bag, I begin walking toward her and I'm a feet away when ramlat exit the mall with her own multiple shopping bag,

What is with women and shopping"

I thought diverting my steps to my fiancee and help her with the bags, I glance at Nanah who's picking her scattered stuffs from the floor and avert my gaze from her.

"Khadija modibbo!"Ramlat call gaining my attention and I turn to where she's looking at and khadijah look up from her stuffs.

"Ramlat ishaq."Nanah say as she glance at me then back to Ramlat.

"Ashe dai kina nan,
How are you?
And your sadiq,
You two married by now i guess."Ramlat say excitedly and i can see that Nanah slightly force a smile on her face as she pick the last item from the floor and put it in her shopping bag.

"How are you?"Nanah ask standing up and ramlat shrug.

"I'm fine,
This is my fiance abubakar,
Mine this is Khadijah we went to same uni."ramlat say and i nod staring at khadijah who is staring at me.

"Khadija you will give me your contact, you are coming to my wedding and don't say no,
What about jidderh?"ramlat ask handing khadijah her phone, as i look between the two ladies.

"She's fine.
Here, let me get going Ramlat,."Nanah say and ramlat glance at me.

"We can drop you off."ramlat offer and khadijah shake her head.

"Nah,
I'm good,
Have a good day."khadijah say and quickly saunter away from us, ramlat and i walk to the car as i once in a while glance back to see Nanah until i lost a sight of her.