6

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 6

Since her previous conversation with her bestfriend, khadijah stop picking her calls, even when jidderh visit she always give her a distain attitude to the point jidderh was left with no choice than to report her to Hajiya Halima,
For khadijah she doesn't know why she's upset with jidderh maybe she's just venting the anger and frustration of sadiq on her since she's the closest to her, it's a month to jidderh wedding and even do khadijah is giving jidderh the attitude she's still pretty much the best maid, she's currently sitting on the three sitter couch in the parlour as she scroll through her phone searching for the perfect Ankara style for the traditional kamu event when the door open, she look up and see her junior sister, her bump now visibly clear since she's in her 7th month.

"Good Evening ya Nanah."khairat greet tiredly dropping the handbag on the couch and head to the bathroom making khadijah to shake her head as she turn her gaze back to her phone screen.

It's her day off and she doesn't really have plans so she decide to lazy around, her mum left to visit a friend and she's all alone in the house, there are times where her mind wander back to sadiq, every day she try his contact and as expected it never go through.

"Ya Nanah is it your food in the microwave?"khairat ask snapping khadijah out of her daydream and she sigh.

"Eat it if you want to khairat I'm not in the mood to talk today."khadijah say dropping her phone.

She won't say she doesn't envy her junior sister, khairat have the most Wonderful relationship she ever seen and dream of with her husband, mujahid treat her like a baby Always pampering her and doing as she says, there are times where khadijah wonder what the future holds for her, is she going to wait forever or is she going to move on and face the harsh reality that sadiq never loved her and took advantage of her.

"Today lecture is exhausting honestly,
I ask mujahid to drop me off here so i won't be lonely at home."khairat say and khadijah stare blankly at her junior sister.

"Sallamu'alaikum."the familiar voice say opening the door as khadijah glance at the door.

"Good evening ya jidderh."khairat greet with a smile and jidderh smile at her walking inside the parlour.

"Su khairat manya"
How are you and your husband?"jidderh ask sitting next to khadijah and khairat shrug.

"He's fine,
How's the wedding preparations?
Saw you people's picture all over the social media,
Even me i put it on my status yesterday."khairat say with a smile and jidderh nod.

"Ya nauyi, nauyi?"jidderh ask glancing at khairat bump and khairat shrug.

"Alhamdulilah,
The doctor say is a girl."khairat say excitedly and jidderh nod before turning her gaze to Khadijah who is now pressing her phone.

"Can we talk inside?"jidderh ask,
She know her relationship with khadijah isn't very much like before but she believe khadijah is just upset and scared to face the harsh reality that sadiq doesn't love her and perhaps She's scared of starting afresh.

"Just say it jidderh,
Khairat is my junior sister and beside whatever it is at the end everyone will know, nothing hide forever."khadijah say and jidderh shake her head.

"Well......
Nanah i don't know why you are upset with me but anyway.
Well, sadiq is married."jidderh break the news and khadijah turn her gaze to jidderh.

"Sadiq?
Which of the sadiq?"khadijah ask as she feel an intense pain in her chest.

"Sadiq,
I..... Well,
i also just found out today,
Mujahid told me one of his cousin is getting married and he sent me the pictures,
Look."jidderh say and hand the phone to khadijah.

Khadija collect the phone with a trembling hand and a rapidly beating heart, staring at the phone screen all khadijah would think was that faithful night, she would have let go sadiq if he told her he doesn't love her anymore, she could have forgive him for making her wait for so long, she would have let go and mend her shatter heart, but now what can she do?
Sadiq took advantage of her vulnerability, he took advantage of her love for him, he betrayed her and no matter how hard she try not to let those tears leave her eyes the y emerge.

"Sadiq."is the only word that comes out from her mouth, he have his hand around the lady with a smile, they look like a perfect couple, jidderh Collect the phone and slightly hug her bestfriend as she breakdown.

"Atleast now you know the truth,
He doesn't even deserve you Nanah,
And insha Allah the Almighty will avenge for you."jidderh say as khadijah shake her head.

"Allah ya Isa."is the only word khadijah say, her tears will not bring back her virginity neither will it make the unlucky man that will marry her in the future see her with any respect, she's been "Waiting for sadiq for years and this is what he paid her with.

"Nanah calm down."jidderh say but khadijah keeps crying until she start Lossing her breathe and khairat rush to the bedroom and quickly grab the inhaler .

"Here."khairat say and hand the blue inhaler to jidderh as she help khadijah with it.

Once her breathing is stable khadijah decide she need some time alone, one thing is certain, she's never going to forgive sadiq, she's not a forgiving person and if the need of vengeance arises she will take advantage of it,
And there's only one thing that she will do that can make sadiq go through same pain she's going through right now.