8

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 8

"Nanah someone is outside that he wants to speak to you."the extra melanin dark looking lady say grabbing the white lab coat that is hanging neatly on th hook behind the door.

"Someone who?
He doesn't have name neh?"khadijah ask grimly as she put the blood sample into the container.

"Wai sadiq ko meye sunan nasa?
He's one brown skin handsome dude,
I even thought it's your sadiq that you always rant about,
Come to think of it?
Are you people still together kuwa?
This one that we no dey hear story about sadiq anymore."the lady say and khadijah hiss as she turn on the faucet.

"I took the blood sample from the sickle cell girl,
I will be right back,
Where is he?"khadijah ask drying her hands with the hand towel as she quickly shrug off her white coat.

"He's at that mango tree in the parking space,
Please don't stay long dije, you see a lot of people outside waiting."that girl say and khadijah ignore her removing her phone from he charger and exit the hospital laboratory.

Ikrahm doesn't have to explain to her for her to know it's sadiq, after all he's the only sadiq she knows all her 25years of life, she already knows what brings him, he's been calling and bombarding her phone with messages regarding her relationship with his dad but that's none of her concern, besides it's the reason why she is even hanging out with the despicable old man that doesn't have even the slightest respect for himself, now she understands where sadiq gets his womanizing ways.

She exit the hospital building and take the right foyer that leads to the parking lot, even with his back against her she could spot him, he's wearing a brown safari the brown tangaren cap under his armpit as he uses his shoulder to support the phone to his ear, khadijah releases a heavy breathe of exhaustion and come down from the long foyer taking the 20feets walk to where sadiq is standing.

"No baby i will soon be home,
I just want to round up somethings and i will be back to have lunch with you."His voice say as khadijah feel like a sharp needle is protrude into her heart.

"Love you to,
See you soon"he say and end the call as khadijah take the last two feet standing behind him and clear her throat making him to turn quickly as he put his phone back in his pocket.

For sadiq it's the first time he's seeing khadijah since that unfaithful night, he knows very well he manipulated khadijah love and take advantage of her vulnerability, it's something he is proud and not proud of at thesame time, because he do know very well khadijah doesn't deserve that, she was naïve and soo much love, even as of that time he was already engaged but he was soo engrossed in wanting to take what was never supposed to be his, unfortunately khadijah is the victim in this situation.

"If you don't have anything to say I'm going back to work."she say with a sigh and look up at sadiq.

Somehow that face she do always crave and yearn to see she now find it disgusting and annoying.

"Nanah...... Sadiq say with a pause and scratch the back of his head.
"I know what i did was wrong but you don't have to marry my dad to........

"Sadiq is this what brings you here?
If that's it then i will let you know that,
If my family couldn't convince me not to marry that stupid old man of yours then you his stupid son who doesn't have much difference with him can't stop me,
I'm marrying tour dad sadiq and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it,
You took advantage of me, you took advantage of my love for you, you use my vulnerability and helplessness to your advantage then what makes you think i will listen to all this thing you are blabbering."khadijah say staring directly at sadiq, that passionate strong affection suddenly replace with distaste and menacing quest of vengeance.

"Nanah what happened was in the past and you doing this won't benefit you of anything,
Marrying my dad won't bring back your virginity,
You are just doing this to upset me but in the process you are going to be the one regretting it."sadiq say looking keenly at khadijah.

Khadija fold her hands to her chest, she use her left hand to stroked her pointed nose and watch sadiq in alert interest with a fascinating smile dancing on her lips.

"Marrying your dad won't bring back my virginity ofcrse sadiq,
But it will traumatize you and your ego which is something you have high regard of pretty much have high standard than my virginity,
Let's get something straight sadiq.
You are happily married right,
Then why don't you just face your marriage life and let me be."khadijah say removing her ringing phone from her pocket.

"Khadija."sadiq call staring at her as she end the call and put the phone back inside the highwaist palazzo trouser.

"I don't regret taking that stupid virginity of yours and come to think of it, I don't know you are that cheap and easy, I mean,
regardless the boss lady attitude and how rude you are,
I'm sure you are just want to marry my dad to hide the fact that you cannot bring yourself so low to marry a younger man because you know he will look morally low of you of he find out you are not a virgin, especially with this massive ego of yours."sadiq say and even do khadijah is trying hard not to show how enrage she is he know she's burning inside, he know exactly what to say to upset khadijah, her ego and pride are the most important thing in her life and above all she hate people questioning her character.

"Sadiq if i want i will marry a man better than you in everything,
A man taller, good-looking, wealthy and everything better than you, and you know the most interesting thing about it, he will love me even more than i do, he will cherish me and my virginity will never be a problem in our marriage life, because not every man is as stupid and judgemental as you are,
But I don't want a man better than you, I want a man that can control you, a man that have say on whatever decision you make in your life and that man is your father,
I'm marrying your dad sadiq and there's no manipulative words you can use against me to make me change my decision,
Have a wonderful day and enjoy your lunch with your wife."khadijah say and turn with a hiss.

As she saunter back to the hospital she fee the familiar burning sensation in her eyes, no matter how hard she try not to let those tears leave her eyes they emerge, forcefully and profusely, she open one of the many staff bathroom and breakdown at once.