7

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 7

"What is the point of you doing this?
Nanah you don't have to seek vengeance, "in kika bar sadiq da Allah kadai ya isa"
You don't have to go to this limit,
Just move on,
Nothing.............

"I don't want anybody's opinion,
I

'm not doing any of this because of sadiq, I'm doing it for myself."khadijah say and jidderh sigh.

"Nanah,
I know what sadiq did was wrong and we all understand you are hurt, but what will you benefit by doing this,
Nothing,
I'm assuring you that you moving on alone will upset sadiq rather than doing this."jidderh say and khadijah ignore her.

She honestly don't know why everyone think that what she's about doing is wrong, sadiq deeply hurt her and it's the only way she will find some solace,
She just want him to experience same pain he inflicted on her, and the only way she know she can achieve that is marrying sadiq dad, sound odd but she do know just how much upset and frustrated sadiq will be when he hear the news, It's no new news that sadiq dad isn't a very respectful old man, the man has a thing for younger girls and khadijah took advantage of that.

"If you are done with your preaching ,
We should go."khadijah say standing up, grabbing her veil from the bed.

"I'm Telling you this as a friend,
You don't have to this Nanah."jidderh say grabbing her veil from the bed.

"I hear,
When is your husband coming back?"khadijah ask changing the conversation, jidderhs wedding was everything she do wish for, the setting and everything was perfect.

"Next week,
I am just nervous,
Mujahid mum is acting as do it's been years since we got married,
"Auren nan fah wata uku kenan gobe"
But everyday she keeps talking about grandchild."jidderh say tiredly and khadijah chuckle.

"So marriage is not the end of problem,
It's another chapter of problem,
I want to stop by khairat house, she said her daughter isn't well, wanted to check on her since day before yesterday."khadijah say as they exit the house and jidderh open the black Mercedes-Benz her dad got her as wedding gift.

"We should stop by there before we head to the hospital then,"jidderh suggest as they both climb the car.

It's a 50minute drive to khairat house, the two continue making conversation, mostly jidderh trying to convince khadijah to reconsider her decision about marrying sadiq dad just to upset sadiq, by the time they reached khairat house the two argue endlessly about the topic.

"Ya Nanah,
Honestly you didn't see him that's why, he's tall and cute."khairat say as she drop the plate of food for the two.

"Help me and tell khairat,
Rather than marrying that old man,
Seriously Nanah you need to think rational, if you marry this man the joy is just for a while. At the end you won't be happy,
Just move on and forget about this sadiq guy, he's not even worth it, God is not sleeping he will avenge for you in the most unexpected way."jidderh say as khadijah ignore them swaying the little girl with a smile.

The two spend about 30minute in khairat house before they head to the hospital where jidderh sample is taken and they were asked to wait for 20mimutes before the result will be out.

"I just hope is positive,
Honestly Nanah I'm tired of this woman nagging, as if I'm the one that will make myself pregnant, her son is barely home and she still want to blame me for not been pregnant."jidderh say and khadijah chuckle standing up.

"Let me use the restroom,
Calm down it will be positive."khadijah say and drop her handbag with jidderh before heading to the restroom, her phone vibrates and she look at the screen not suprise to see the transfer from sadiq dad,
She hiss lowly and texted seen to the annoying bald old man she do hate to marry but know she has to because it's the only way to avenge what his son did to her, she bump into someone and quickly look up.

"Sorry."khadijah say ignoring the prying eyes of the 6'5man standing in front of her wearing the Navy blue scrubs and a facemask.

"You are that girl."the voice say gaining her Attention and she look up from her phone screen, he remove the facemask and stare at her making her to give him a confuse look.

"Can i pass?"she ask with a hiss and he shake his head.

"Don't you recognize me?"he ask and khadijah stare at him for a whole and shake her head.

"No,
Why should i recognize you?
The last time i checked you are not on any of the naira notes."she say irritated and he facepalm.

"Are you always this angry?"
I'm Abubakar,
remember the guy you slapped months ago?"he ask and khadijah stare at him for a while trying to recall but fail.

"No,
If i slapped you then i shouldn't probably keep your face in my memory because you wrong me,
If you will excuse me I'm heading to the restroom."khadijah say uninterested and he smile.

"Can i atleast get a number?" He ask and khadijah shake her head nudging him by the shoulder and continue her walk to the restroom.

Roughly after 5mimutes in the restroom she exit and head back to meet jidderh standing with the familiar man talking.

"Is the result ready?"khadijah ask and jidderh shrug.

"Yeah,
Dr Abubakar is suggesting maybe i should come back with mujahid so they can do a fertility check on both of us."jidderh explain and khadijah nod.

"Okay,
Is that all?
Can we go now?"khadijah ask and jidderh shrug.

"Thank you doctor."jidderh say and abubakar nod staring at khadijah.

He never thought for once that there path will cross again, even do khadijah angry face once in a while pop into his head, he couldn't go back to search for her mostly because she told him she was engaged,
It was a mere coincidence that lead him to her that day, he mistake the house number and ended up getting slapped, a slapped that has been on his mind since that day mostly because he couldn't get rid of khadijah face from his head.
Seeing her today makes him realises that perhaps she is the perfect girl for him.