32

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 32

Our actions they say speak louder than words, khadijah couldn't move an inch from the bedroom door, she do know very well she's messed up, she have try to talk but Sadiq clearly doesn't want to listen so she ended up falling  asleep by the bedroom door, the creaking of the bedroom door is what wakes her and she quickly sit upright and stand up.

"What are you doing?"sadiq ask looking at her, sure he isn't expecting her to be outside the door.

"I....Abu I'm sorry a....

"Sorry won't change anything Nanah,
Please excuse me i want to go and pray."he say and push from the door as she trail behind him whining for him to forgive her which abubakar find rather irritating and upsetting.

"Impotent ."he grumble once he reach the end of the staircase,he honestly cannot even look into nanah's face, he do understand her frustration but at thesame time he can't help but feel really upset by the way she's treating,
Nanah just have this problem of not been nice to people and not been there for people when they needed her the most and that is something he hate about her.

He grab the prayer mat by the parlour door and exit the house shutting the door with a loud bang.

Nanah's POV

I have been sitting here for about an hour or so, Abu didn't come back from the mosque since he left, I'm worried and at thesame time scared, I don't even know how I'm going to convince him that whatever i said earlier i didn't mean it, I sigh and pace around the parlour glancing at the wall clock once in while,
Just like that the parlour door open and he walk in.

"Welcome back."I say and he just glance at me without a word.

He head for the staircase and i quietly follow him behind, the last thing i want is my marriage to crumble because of Abu medical issues,
Had I known i should have try and talk calmly, we both enter the bedroom and he head for the closet.

"Abu......"I call and he glance at me grabbing the black suitcase.

"I'm going to travel."he say with a sigh.
"Beside is not like me staying here will do you any benefit, I'm impotent anyway if you want i can give you your divorce so you can go be with someone that isn't impotent."he say and i sigh.

"Abu I'm sorry,
Wlh i didn't mean all that I've said,
I j.......

"You didn't mean it?
Nanah you've been calloused to me for a very long time,
I know i should have told you but........
You also should have trusted me,
You weren't even there Nanah,
Do you know how many times i couldn't sleep at night because of this ?
My legs they always hurt me soo badly sometimes that i feel like screaming,
I won't say i understand your frustration because i don't and your anger cannot be justify because I'm the victim here,
Do you know how many places i have to go so i can be out of this situation I'm in?
You don't because you don't even care,
But you know what I'm glad you said what you said to me today and fortunately enough I'm going to have a surgery tomorrow which might probably help my impotent self."he say the word impotent in such a sarcastic way that makes me sigh.

"Abu can i come with you?
Please i want us to go through this........

"Through what Nanah?
I have already gone through this by myself, you are just same girl i met years ago,
Attitude and old habits they say die hard, maybe you will get to prove yourself some other time but this time around, once again Nanah you've prove to be as selfish as you've always been."he say and grab few of the clothes throwing them in the suitcase.