5

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 5

3months past since khadijah last heard from sadiq, that night,
was the very last night she saw and heard from him, he promised he do show up for her sister wedding, he promised to come greet her mother and talk about there wedding date before he leave town but all those promises left with him when he dropped her at home that faithful night.
If things where preordain and if she can go back in time, if only what happened that night can be retrieved, she do let go, the things we do love,
The vulnerability of been in love,
The sacrifices and stupid things we blindly do for love is what makes her lay down on her bed crying all day and night for the past 3months.

"Nanah."hajiya halima call opening her daughter bedroom.
"Nanah!!"she call turning on the light and walk to the bed as khadijah quickly wipe her tears and sit upright.

"Na'am."she answer and her mum give her a suspicious look.

She have noticed the changes in her daughter's behavior,
from the night she told her sadiq came, which lead to she spending almost half the night outside, since she came back something inside of her told her, khadijah did something she do Always regret but she doesn't want to believe her daughter can make such mistake all in the name of love.

"Nanah,
What is going on?
Is there something you want to tell me."hajiya halima ask, khadijah behavior affected khairat wedding, khadijah was barely there to help or be there for her sister, she just keep isolating herself from everyone.

"No,
Nothing."khadijah say with a sigh as she glance at her mother.

How can she even let her mum know about this immoral and stupid mistake, the fact that she still love sadiq doesn't help, Lossing her virginity before marriage is something she never thought will happen to her, she believe she have that under control and no man, not even her love for sadiq cam make her do something like that, but alas the heart they say is the weakest of all in the body.

"Nanah,
I'm your mother,
I know you might think I'm not always there for you,
But i care, you are my daughter and i might not understand what you are going through but........ Hajiya Halima doesn't get to finish her words khadijah breakdown.

She's been keeping it to herself for so long, how can sadiq just cut her out of his life after doing this to her, he literally block her in every of his social media and even when she tried to speak to his sister, the rude girl just bluntly let her know she's wasting her time chasing after her brother,
It's upsetting how we love a single person So much regardless the pain they caused us.

"It's OK."hajiya halima say slightly hugging her daughter, khadijah don't have to tell her whatever it is that is bothering her for her to know, everyone has been through that circle of life the only good thing is that ,we learn from our mistakes, and she hope this will make her daughter understand that she deserve someone better than sadiq.

********************
2days later.

"Jidderh sai yau,
You literally forget about me since khairat wedding, social media self you no dey, saw your last seen on whatsapp since 2months ago."khadijah say with a smile and jidderh just release a tiring breathe.

"I just need some time dije,
To think about my life,
to figure out what i really want."jidderh say and khadijah nod.

"This one you are visiting today hope is good news. You didn't go to work neh hala?"khadijah ask and jidderh nod.

"I didn't oo,
I took the week off,
Wanted to even call you yesterday but I say let me come today."jidderh say with a sigh.
"Last month mujahid came,
I just told him the truth,
I told him if he doesn't love me he should just tell me the truth rather than me wasting my time waiting for a love i know can never be mine,
I told him it's ok if the feeling is no longer there, but i cannot continue waiting I'm not getting any younger."jidderh explain and khadijah nod in understanding.

"Yesterday his parents came my wedding date is fixed dije in 3months time insha Allah i will be Mrs mujahid."jidderh say with soo much excitement smiling and khadijah smile happily at her bestfriend.

She try very hard not to think of sadiq but it's just difficult, she feel soo used and betrayed above all she feel cheap and sinful.

"I'm happy for you JD,
Honestly you deserve to be happy,
Allah ya kaimu,
Wetin and wetin you go do for us?"khadijah say and jidderh shrug.

"What about sadiq?
Haryanzu Bai kiraki ba ne?"jidderh ask and khadijah shake her head not interested in the topic.

"Forget about that one,
Khairat is pregnant,
When are we going to buy asoebi?"khadijah ask and jidderh give her a suspicious look, she know khadijah is hiding something from her but she doesn't want to pry too much.

"Khadija is ok to forget about this guy,
You have waited long and he's not even putting any much effort."jidderh say and for some reason khadijah become upset.

"Hey please don't go there,
Just because mujahid is going to marry you now doesn't give you the gut to come and be lecturing,
*Ina ruwanki?
Bansason iyayi da shishigi.
Marriage is the will of God and when it's time the sadiq will also come and propose i don't need your opinion in my life, face your own problem."khadijah say upset and jidderh look at her surprisingly.

"Nanah i just want to be there for you,
I'm you friend and it's only fair if..........

"You are my friend that doesn't give you the odersity to say shit about my relationship,
Mind your own business and face your own scrappy relationship,
Wedding never hold you don dey act like one experience marriage woman."khadijah say with a hiss and jidderh stand up.

"Okay,
I will come back tomorrow so we can talk about the event and Anko ."jidderh say grabbing her handbag and khadijah hiss.

"Whatever."khadijah bark back and jidderh shake her head before exiting the bedroom making khadijah to breakdown in frustration.