Prologue

STRINGS OF LOVE:

Do we have different expectations of our family than we do of other people? We probably do, anybody would. Though we can't change our family, we can examine our assumptions and change our expectations. With the deeply entrenched patterns of family relationships, it took time and effort to separate Shehnaaz in some way in order to change her reactions. She started to think and act differently around them and at some point she noticed that they also were changing. They couldn't keep doing the same dance with her if she changed the pattern of her steps. Distancing herself from her own family was not the aim but what else would she do if all they did was taunting her for inability in academics and gaslighting her about doing so. So what if she wasn't good at studies? So what if she committed a mistake? Couldn't they forgive her? Was she not their child they loved? The silly part of this whole thing was when she realized she was a freaking grown up with a pretty good life and plenty of things to be proud of and yet she felt like she was a fraud because none of that has been validated by her parents. She in fact was pretty confident when surrounded by friends, but boy, she just couldn't be herself around her family, always walking on eggshells. Maybe her family was threatened by her confidence and independence so they wanted to keep her close so they put her down. They surely lacked boundaries and that's when she decided she would rather live on her own than live with these people who she wasn't even sure if they intended to love her.

What do we learn from our past and quite failed relationships? Make sure we don't repeat our mistakes, have more patience and do not expect anything over the top. But what about the time, we do everything that is in our hands to get dumped like a crap bag. Sidharth was definitely going through those rough days at work when the newly launched product by his company wasn't getting the expected response. All the hard work and sleepless nights weren't paying off this time. Ishita too had left him to succumb himself into work and go to hell, as per her exact words. On returning back home with not a very good mood, he was welcomed by an empty apartment where all the stuff belonging to his girlfriend was gone. He realized his happiness does not depend on his partner. It wasn't her job to make him happy, but to relish in the happiness with him. To create happiness with him, which she obviously didn't. But it isn't her job to make him miserable either. It was her job to try and support him to the best of her ability when he was miserable. He had picked up his battles. There was no need to fight over every little thing, let it be choosing a place for dinner. He had accepted that his partner had flaws, so did he. He knew they wouldn't always be able to entertain each other like television but what he didn't expect from her was getting annoyed with him already, leaving him in the middle of chaos and moving on in her life so soon.

Like I said, this is a story of two different people going through certain phases in their lives they really don't deserve to be in. But such is life, how we face situations we are in, is more important than what we deserve and what not. Because the waxing and waning of the moon continues to happen in cycles and so does the night ends towards a beautiful dawn and then a storm leads to new creations marking that there is always an ending to the time we live in. And a storm is a storm. We cannot weather it because we don't have control over it. All we can do is to go through it, let it pass and then figure out ways to recreate and to restart if we were lost or what we lost. We cannot avoid a storm just like that but become stronger than before. Do join me in the story!

ps; I would like to give the credit of making this beautiful cover to Vinny! Thank you so much darling, for helping me out here with your skills. She goes by the name @ sidnaaz.love.forever on Instagram! and she writes and makes such beautiful edits! Do follow her  there.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें