Chapter 35

Sidharth wore a crisp white shirt paired with black pants and a black lapel blazer, all set to pick up his date for the event. He rang the bell, expecting Shehnaaz to open the door in a beautiful dress but found her wearing her usual oversized shirt and shorts while drying her hair with a towel.

"Tu tayyar nahi hui abhi tak!??" He wasn't surprised but annoyed, they were going to be late then.

"Nahane gayi thi." She replied, letting him in.

"Kya zarurat thi nahane ki?" He asked.

"Arey yaar, chip- chip lag raha tha, nahana pada! Abhi turant ready ho jaungi mai. Chill maar!" She rolled her eyes, walking into the kitchen to get some snacks for him.

"Toh kitchen me ready hogi kya?" He shouted from the living room.

"Do minute chain se nahi baith sakta tu! Good-day khayega?" She shouted back from the kitchen.

"Just get ready!" He replied and heard her banging the box of biscuits back into the drawer loudly.

"Yaar, jaldi jayenge phir jaldi wapas bhi aa jayenge. Isliye bol raha hu." He calmly added.

"Ja rahi hu!" She announced, storming into her bedroom with a plate full of good day biscuits. She had a tiresome day, he could have been patient and cooperative instead of whining like that, she thought and shuffled through a couple of dresses, when she heard a knock.

"Kya hai?" She almost shouted.

"Tu sare biscuits andar le gayi?" He asked, trying to make up for her mood, he spoiled.

"Ha!" She replied.

"Mujhe bhi chahiye the." He mentioned, acting as if he began to walk away from her room.

As expected, she opened the door and offered him the plate, "Lele." She stated, stepping out of the room in a white bodycon midi dress.

"You look beautif-" he was going to compliment her.

"I'm not ready yet! Ruk abhi." She interrupted him, running back to do her hair and makeup quickly. He chuckled, having those biscuits as of now and roaming around the balcony to pass the time.

"Sunna Sidharth!!" She called him.

"Ha?" He stood at the doorstep of her room.

"Vaise toh tujhe zyada samajh nahi hogi matching ki, lekin mai confused hu. Bata konsa clutch zyada acha lag raha hai?" She asked him, displaying two white clutches and gesturing to him to come in. One had a golden lining whereas the other one was smaller without any lining on it.

"Kya matlab hai tera?" He asked back, offended.

"Matlab kuch nahi, bata ki iss dress ke sath konsa wala acha lag raha hai?" She replied, biting her tongue inside to hold back her big mouth.

"Dono toh same hi hai, koi sa bhi pakad le." He shrugged, taking a seat on her bed.

"Like I said." She mumbled to herself and chose the smaller one, checked if her toes and freshly painted nails were looking good to wear heels.

"Ye laga dena." She walked towards him with a bracelet, requesting him to tie it around her wrist. While he did as asked, she noticed crumbled biscuits on the corner of his mouth.

"Haaye! Ye dekh tere muh pe lagi hui hai biscuits." She giggled, wiping them off with the pad of her thumb.

"Hana, abhi kha raha tha toh lag gaya. Tera ho gaya toh chale?" He blushed, diverting the topic once he was done tying her bracelet.

"Nahi, abhi kar meri tareef ache se jo reh gayi thi. How am I looking?" She asked, standing up and posing for him.

"Fabulous, you look great. White suits you! Abhi chale?" He replied, hurrying up with the compliments so that they could move.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें