Chapter 46

Sidharth and Shehnaaz's dinner at the dhaba went well, he was somewhere occupied with himself in the back of his mind though.

"Rumal de, maine hanky nahi rakhi aaj." She asked, wriggling her wet hands after washing them.

"Ye le." He pulled out his handkerchief to her.

"Ice cream khayega?" She asked him then.

"Mausam thanda hai." He reminded her.

"Toh?" She shrugged.

"Sardi ho jayegi." He elaborated in case she didn't get him in the first place.

"Ye sardi vardi mujhe nahi hoti." She boasted about herself, gesturing to him to follow her out.

"Hoti hai. Tujhe halki si barish me bhi sardi lag jati hai." He reminded her one last time, even though he knew she wouldn't listen.

"Aur na thand me na, ice cream khane ka maza hi alag hota hai." She told him, as she held his hand and two the road towards an ice cream parlor.

"Ek cup blueberry aur ek dark chocolate." She asked the ice cream vendor, excitedly standing next to the frostier and looking at the various flavours available.

"Blueberry ke upar ek American nuts ka scoop daal dena." She added.

"Shehnaaz." He reprimanded, tugging on her hand and taking her away from the frostier, gesturing to the vendor to not to add the other flavour.

"You're not having two scoops." He told her.

"Stop acting like you're my mother!" She chided.

"Stop making me act like one." He retorted and she stomped her foot, very close to his shoes on purpose.

"Mere joote gande karne ki sochna bhi mat." He told her.

"Oh thanks for the idea." She forced a smile, stomping her foot over his this time.

"You'll pay for this. Ice cream cancelled." He calmly replied, taking her hand and walking out of the parlour.

"Nahi, nahi. No! Ice cream khani hai meko. Please, please! Please na yaar!" She tried to stop him but little did she know he was way too strong for that.

"Acha sorry!" She said it, the keyword and he stopped.

"Mere jootey?" He turned and asked her.

"Poch dungi, wapas polish laga dungi ghar jake." She replied what he wanted her to.

"Ek scoop!" He reminded her and they walked back into the parlour.

His guts! She was glaring at him, she wanted to scream at him, storm out of the place for doing this to her and question herself why she was with him. This was probably one of the cons of dating her best friend, not all moments turned out to be as she thought would be romantic like having ice cream together in winters. He cared but he could also have taken care of her while she'd be sick cold and tugged deep under the covers, make soup and hot chocolate for her.

"Wanna taste?" She looked to find him offering ice cream from his different flavoured cup.

"Nahi chahiye!" She twisted the corner of her mouth and focused on her cup.

"Sidharth! Meri icecream hai!" She whined when he scooped out a spoonful of ice-cream from her cup.

"Hmm, tasty." He smiled wholeheartedly, replying.

"Kyu muh sada ke baithi hai?" He asked her, watching her go all silent in the car on their way back.

"Mai hurt hu." She replied, busy looking out through the window. He shook his head and drove them towards his place.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें