Chapter 33

Sidharth woke up with a terrible headache, his head felt as if it was about to burst into pieces. Upon opening his eyes, he found himself on the bed at Shehnaaz's new home with her. His eyes popped out when he noticed all the buttons of his shirt were undone, he was left wondering what the heck happened last night. All he could recall was them dialing Ishita's number and talking to her.

"Fuck!" His heart raced, he must have embarrassed himself over the call.

"Shehnaaz? Shehnaaz uth!" He shook her, she was asleep on his right arm quite comfortably, she frowned a little in her sleep before opening her eyes when he shook her shoulder.

"Kya hai? Sone de!" She whined, turning to the other side.

"Kya kya baat ki apan ne kal phone pe? I don't remember much!" He asked.

"Mujhe kya pata? Tu baat kar raha tha!" She replied, irritated since she was having a headache too. However, she got up and made her way towards the washroom refusing to talk to him anymore.

Suddenly an idea struck him, all the calls made through his phone used to get recorded automatically in his phone. He immediately began to look for the call recording from last night.

"Shit." He mumbled, it was a good 11 minute audio and he was sure he must have made a fool of himself while talking to her. He hesitantly tapped on the recording  to listen to what all he talked about.

"Hello?" It was Ishita.

"Mujhe nahi karni baat!" He was whispering.

"Karni padegi, abhi tune call laga diya hai. Sidharth, abhi dar mat, tu strong hai na? Aur mai hu na tere sath!" Shehnaaz was encouraging him.

"H-hey Ishita, happy b-birthday." He finally spoke to the person on the other side.

"Thank you Sidharth, are you okay?" She replied.

"I- no, I don't know. I wanted to talk to you." He answered.

"Why? Why Ishita? Kyu chali gayi?" He had asked.

"You're drunk? Where are you?" Ishita had replied instead.

"I'm at my friend's place." He answered.

"Best friend bol!" Shehnaaz corrected him.

"B-best friend's place." He rephrased.

Sidharth shut his eyes out of embarrassment, why on earth did he agree to have beer with Shehnaaz and her stupid idea?

"Okay, can we talk about this in person? Mil ke aaram se baat kare?" Ishita asked.

"No! I don't want to meet you, I can't. Mujhe abhi bata." He replied, getting stubborn.

"I fell out of love with you, Sidharth." She answered.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked again.

"I felt like I didn't know the guy I was living with anymore. Tum apne kaam me itne busy ho gaye, uss project me!" She replied.

"That's it? THAT'S IT!!?? Is that why you suddenly decided to leave me? Ek baar bhi iss bare me baat nahi ki? You left, just like that?" He was stunned to know.

"Kya boli?" Shehnaaz asked.

"Ruk ja, baat karke batata hu." He replied to her, resuming the call.

"That's not it! It didn't happen suddenly! Since how many days were you busy with that project Sidharth? Or months should I say? Tumhare paas mere liye time hi nahi tha, ek ghar me reh kar bhi hum chain se thodi der baitha bhi nahi karte the!" Ishita retorted.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें