Chapter 64

"Aa gaye tumlog." Jagjit Singh Gill, Shehnaaz's uncle opened the door and welcomed the ladies.

"Aage aa." Harjot kept a hand on Shehnaaz's back and called her.

"Chachu.." the girl could barely whisper, looking at the man in front of her, her father figure who had grown old and a lot weak then she saw him last time.

"Kaisi hai Sana?" He asked her with a smile on her face.

"I'm sorry." Shehnaaz could not hold herself back and hugged her uncle tight, feeling guilty and apologizing for everything he had to go through because of her.

Her uncle and aunt had tried their best to be there for her, knowing they couldn't replace her parents, they made sure they loved her as much as they loved Amrit. It was just the arranged marriage proposal that came for Shehnaaz was so good that he had agreed before concerning her and the entire running away fiasco that took place was history.

"Sorry Chachu. I'm so sorry. Meko maaf kardo, maine bilkul aap ke baare me nahi socha bhaagne se pehle. Mai bohot matlabi ho gayi thi, mai janti hu aap naraz ho. Maaf kardo mainu, maine aisa kabhi nahi karna dobara. I'm sorry." She cried, resting her head on his chest and pleading for his forgiveness.

"Bas bacha, bas. Koi naraz nahi hai, mai apni Sana se kaise naraz hounga? Chup ho ja." Jagjit patted her head and hugged her tight.

"Arey, aur kitna royegi?" He chuckled when she just wouldn't stop crying.

"Pehle kaho maaf kar diya." She mumbled and wiped her face.

"Ha, maaf kar diya." He repeated her and made her smile.

"Dekh Teri naak lal ho gayi! Haina Amrit?" He joked but his smile faded when his daughter simply dragged her luggage to her room without greeting him.

"Isko kya hua?" He asked Harjot.

"Chachi ne danta usko." Shehnaaz answered.

"Tu bhi na, gussa naak pe leke ghumti hai!" Jagjit shook his head, helping the ladies into their rooms with their luggage.

Amrit refused to join everybody at the dinner and Harjot enlightened him with what all had happened back there in Mumbai so that the father could feed some brains into the girl.

"Mai baat karungi usse, aap jaoge toh lagega humne complain kari hai." Shehnaaz suggested, deciding to talk to her sister once she'd cool down.

"Mai karunga." Jagjit announced.

It felt so good to be back home, to be forgiven, to be loved and to be taken care of. This reconciliation was probably the best that had happened to her, she smiled looking at her childhood pictures hung on the wall.

It had been three days, 72 hours to be precise that Sidharth had seen Shehnaaz. "Aaj Mama aur Mami aaye the, waise Mumma Papa ke baad zyada milna julna hua nahi unse. Mai yaha rehti thi, nanke jana kam ho gaya." She was on a call with him.

"Nanke kya hai?" He asked.

"Nanke matlab Nana Nani ke ghar." She answered.

"Oh, toh. Kaisa laga milke sabse?" He asked.

"Acha laga, dant padi ke aise gayab nahi hona tha. 50 sawal, kaha thi? Kaisi halat me thi? Aise akele rehne se acha toh shaadi karli hoti. Blah blah blah." She chuckled.

"Or they must have been worried about you." He chuckled, trying to make her look at the bright side.

"Ah, I don't really know. I mean, they're here to see me or to see if I still want my property back. Who knows?" She shrugged.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें