Chapter 32

Shehnaaz had never been so glad to have Sidharth there. Till date, they had been good friends but that moment when he simply chose to validate her feelings about her past, he became her best friend. Consolations sounded easy but they really weren't, he could have been tempted to talk back when she kept going on for what felt like almost half an hour but he didn't. He appreciated her expression of emotions, enticing her to open up better. As much as she's been around different kinds of people, where they would try talking over or dismissing a person's answer unintentionally. It was quite unmeant how people easily did that by giving personal experience or opinion that they might have thought was right but actually dismissed the whole point that she is trying to make. This only made her feel as if they weren't listening to her. On the other hand, Sidharth told her something she could remember all her life.

"You know, it takes a lot of courage to share something you don't want to look back on, people mostly don't know how to do that. Tu bohot strong hai. I'm glad that you find me good enough to talk to, I truly appreciate that. I'll be there whenever you'd want me, okay!" And all she could do was hug him tight, being thankful.

"Aaj khana maine banaya hai. Welcome to khana ka khazana, ft. Shehnaaz Kaur Gill!" She led him to the dining table the other day.

"Wow! I can't wait to eat now!" He chuckled, she had decorated the table with dishes that looked and smelled awesome. She was grateful to him, she wanted to thank him for everything he had been doing for her in all these days. Having someone by the side to listen to understand was something she could only wish for, until he appeared.

"Chicken biryani aur raita! Mirchi kam hai, jaisi tujhe pasand hai aur meethe me gulab jamun!" She excitedly pulled the chair for him to sit.

"Tune banaya gulab jamun?" He asked, arranging the plates while she served.

"Um nahi, wo maine order kiya." She chuckled, joining him on the table and they began to eat.

"Mhmm! Delicious! Too good, tune kabhi pehle kuch banaya ke kyu nahi khilaya bey!" He replied, complimenting her for the taste.

"Tune kabhi mauka hi nahi diya, aaj Lata aunty aaye nahi toh maine socha mai hi khana bana du. Jane se pehle ye meri treat samajh le." She chuckled, answering.

"Aye, itne me nahi chalega. I want another treat, a proper housewarming party at your place!" He replied, stating his condition.

"Ha ha, ek baar ghar dekhlu, settle ho jau fir le liyo party." She agreed with him.

The guy who was going to rent his apartment to her, Rohan, was back from his village and ready to show them around the place the next day. As much as Sidharth was happy that she'd be relieved now, he knew he was going to miss her a lot. This apartment, this dining table they were eating at, the kitchen and guest room she was staying in were going to miss her even though she had been here for 10 days or so. She got busy packing her luggage and moving into the new place once she got a glimpse of her new apartment the other day. She loved it, it was one of the best and affordable places she could have ever gotten. She grabbed some of her stuff from her previously rented apartment and returned the keys to the stubborn landlords for once and for all.

"Arey beta, aap ghar khali kar rahe ho? Kuch din ruk jate, hum repair karwa dete." The lady suggested it to her.

"Nahi aunty, abhi mere se aur nahi raha jayega yaha." She politely denied, walking out of the building with her cartoon boxes.

"Kutti kahi ki, pehle hi repair karwa deti toh kya jata uska!? Beta beta karke mujhe chalati rahi itne time." She mumbled, getting into the car.

Sidharth laughed, helping her with the boxes and drove themselves towards her new house. It wasn't as spacious as the previous one but it was available at a good rent and well settled society.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें