Chapter 74

"Yaar, kya boring life hai!? Bas utho, padho, khao, piyo, so jao." Shehnaaz sighed, resting her back on the plush furniture.

Her last class for the day was stretched to an hour by the teacher and it was exhausting. She was having a backache along with a headache and it was so freaking irritating when she didn't have anybody to go to for help let alone talk to.

Sidharth's workload kept fluctuating as per his business plans, there were times he'd have back to back meetings with new people and then there were times he would take an off to spend some time with her. He was doing everything he could and she just couldn't ask him for anything else, except for a pet. Having a pet would be so nice, she thought, she would have someone while her boyfriend would be working, she could play with it and get rid of her headaches and boredom as well.

"Kutta? No way I'm letting you keep a dog in my house?" Sidharth denied the moment she mentioned getting themselves a puppy.

"Kyuuu?" She poured, shifting closer to him.

"Nahi matlab nahi! Mujhe allergy hai kutton se." He replied.

"Tujhe kab se ho gayi allergy? Aaj tak toh bataya nahi?" She asked.

"Tune pucha nahi." He answered, getting up with his plate to keep it in the sink.

"Sidhaaarth! Please na, meko bohot akela lagta hai. Sara din ghar me hi rehti hu, kitna acha hoga na yadi mere sath koi ho poore time?" She walked after him, trying to convince him.

"Akela? Mai rehta hu tere sath isi ghar me! Am I not good enough for you?" He asked her and she stared at him for overreacting unnecessarily.

"Kuch bhi mat bol. Din bhar kaha rehta hai? Office chale jata hai." She replied.

"Toh tu konsa free hoti hai? 4 ghante ki classes hoti phir assignments aur phir padhne ke liye time chahiye ya nahi? Ek kutta aa jayega toh mujhe pata hai tu bilkul padhai nahi karegi." He answered, done with this topic.

"Yaar, yeh galat hai. Pehle mera routine itna alag hota tha, abhi ek hi ghar me poora time nahi raha jata na?!!!" She whined, there was no way she would let him say no for a puppy. She had already googled about the kinds of dog breeds that were available in the city, the ones who were easy to maintain and everything.

"Toh kisne bola hai poora time ghar pe rehne ko? Bahar jaa, walk karle neeche garden hai, building ka swimming pool hai, pass me gym hai, naye dost bana, apne purane doston se milne ja. Niklo bahar, sab acha lagega." He replied and she stumped her foot angrily because she felt like talking to a wall right now.

"Toh matlab tu mujhe puppy nahi lane dega?" She asked one last time.

"Nope. No way." He replied.

"Tujhe koi puppy se allergy wagera nahi hai, tujhe problem mujhse hai. Tu nahi chahta mai apne mann ki karu, haina?" She tried to turn this up on him, by hook or crook she was going to get a puppy.

It had been five months since she joined the course and her life had changed a lot, she wouldn't even work and she'd be tired just by sitting around for hours, so a puppy for change would be good she believed. Because it was easier than going out and making friends, a puppy would be more than enough.

"Tu khud ghar saaf nahi rakh pati, kutta aayega fir har jagah baal honge, gandagi hogi. I cannot stand against the smell of animals and their shit, okay!" He replied, there was no way he was going to let her bring in an animal. He was so organised and hygienic and an animal was totally lived opposite of his terms and conditions. If she was going to go all dramatic about it, he wasn't going to step down either.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें