Chapter 27

"Sunn, mujhe aane me late hoga. Mai aa ke khana bana dungi, thik hai?" Shehnaaz asked Amrit, over the phone.

"Itne ke liye call kiya tune? Chill Sana, tu aram se aa. Mai order kar lungi aaj dinner." Amrit replied.

"Okay. Bas batana tha, I'll see you later tonight!" Shehnaaz hung up with that, removed her apron to change into a simple dress she had carried to her work today.

"Ahem, ahem." Bindu stood in front of her, on her way to the washroom.

"Mujhe late ho raha hai!" Shehnaaz told her friend before she could begin with her teasing.

"Pehle bata banda kon hai?" Bindu stated her condition.

"Le dekhle, ab side hat." Shehnaaz gave the phone to her and hurried to get changed.

"Hmm, handsome!" Bindu exclaimed, going through Ranvijay's instagram profile on the display.

"Kaisi lag rahi hu?" Shehnaaz showed up in a simple sky blue dress and a short black shrug over it.

"Yeah! Noice." Bindu smiled, quickly clicking a picture of her friends while she was adjusting her hair.

"Bye!" Shehnaaz giggled, walking out with her handbag to find Ranvijay waiting for her in the dining area.

"Hey there beautiful!" He greeted her, quite mesmerized how naturally amazing she looked.

"Hii! Here's your jacket, thanks again." Shehnaaz blushed and the two slowly walked out of the cafe, stealing glances from each other.

"Weather's nice." He mentioned.

"Hmm, aisi thandi hawa chalti rahe bas. Barish na ho." She replied, frowning a little at the thought of rain.

"Barish nahi pasand?" He asked, doubtfully.

"Nah! Big no!" She shook her head.

"Oh, I thought girls loved rain? Romantic aur filmy nahi lagta?" He replied.

"Ah, I'm not one of those. Mere sath koi ache se time spend karle, utna kafi hai. Bheegne ka shauk nahi hai" She chuckled, letting him know.

"Okay, noted." He obediently nodded his head.

"Do you like rain?" She asked him then.

"I'm fine with it." He nodded.

"So tell me about yourself?" He looked at her. Walking on the footpath along with her, amongst the chaos on the streets, the two were slowly and naturally trying to build up a conversation to get to know each other.

"There's not much. I have a couple of friends around and a cousin sister in the city." She answered, smiling a little because that's all she would allow him to know. Not just him but anybody.

"Vaise maine ye nahi pucha tha." He said and it made her look at him confused.

"I was asking about you, just you. Tumhe kya pasand hai?" He rephrased it to her.

"Mujhe.. aise baatein karna pasand hai. Khana pasand hai aur khana banana pasand hai. Movies dekhna pasand hai." She answered and the two fell into an easy conversation discussing each other's likes and dislikes.

She smiled, looking at the selfie they had clicked later in the night. There was nothing special or romantic about it, it had two people standing next to each other and smiling. She liked being with Ranvijay because he was a decent guy, who complimented her every time they met and was able to make her feel better at the end of the day. It was nice, the feeling of getting along with someone, the feeling when someone's intently listening to you and the feeling while you're being watched. It had been a week and things were pretty cool and expected between the two of them, they were taking it as casually as they could.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें