Chapter 72

"There's a difference between wanting a baby and having a baby. I might not want a baby now because I don't think I'm ready for it and we aren't ready for it either. Hum apne relationship ke uss phase me hai hi nahi jaha hum bacche ko leke aaye, hum toh ek sath rehte bhi nahi hai, Sidharth. But I agree, I completely agree I did give you the wrong impression. Lekin. Agar mai pregnant hoti toh mai apne bacche ke liye jo ho sakta, sab karti. I swear. You believe me right? I wouldn't have aborted it at any cost." Shehnaaz was explaining to Sidharth. 

"I do." He nodded, sliding his arm around her to cuddle better on the couch they had occupied for themselves.

"Ab jo hai, wo hai. But all in good time, right?" She asked again and he nodded again. She picked up his hand around her and kissed the back of his palm, turning to him.

"I didn't know how to react. Tu pregnant hoti toh pata nahi kya hota. I don't know why I assumed the results could be positive. I don't mean that I was expecting it to be but I just don't know.." he shrugged, resting his head upon hers. He didn't want a baby all of a sudden either but he had assumed she could be pregnant because she said there were symptoms.

"I mean of course 50-50 probability thi lekin zyada tar cases me pregnancy hoti hai. We were physically active as well. I just assumed and  it was all in my head and probably overreacted." He added, trying to express himself. She hummed calmly, letting him know he had her undivided attention.

"I was, don't know, maybe scared." He almost whispered that part and she frowned, getting confused.

"I thought you didn't care for me either. I'm not comparing you with anyone here Shehnaaz. I'm not, I can never do that. I'd never." He repeated himself, sitting up a little bit to explain it with better words.

"Kya matlab?" She asked, watching him adjust himself.

"Matlab mai- mujhe laga jaise ki- even though you weren't being how I had deduced it in the situation. Not at all. But I thought that you didn't care enough to think about me in the entire situation and made your decision like she did." He completed, worrying the truth might hurt her.

"Baby?" He cupped her cheek to make her look at him.

"So when I was out to take a stroll, you thought I was leaving you. As in breaking up with you? Like Ishita did?" She asked clearly and it hurt when he didn't respond because he probably believed it. "You can trust me on this, mai tujhe compare nahi kar raha aur mai tujhe kabhi bhi kisi se compare nahi karunga. Believe me. But somewhere inside, I was afraid you might just walk out. It had happened once, it could have happened again." He explained, holding her close enough to make sure she got a grip of each and every word he said.

"You don't have to be afraid. I'd never leave you. I won't be able to. Uska toh nahi pata, I'm way too much invested in this to back off now. I don't think there'll be a moment in my life where I'd not need you by my side." She replied, hugging him tightly. Her heart ached, he had never been this open and vulnerable in front of her, she could guess how difficult it would be for him to express himself, with the way he had fumbled upon to find the right words. On the contrary, he was stunned to have heard that, not what she just said was new to him but the way she put it in front of him. It melted his heart, it assured him to an extent that his eyes were filled.

"Me neither sweetheart." He said, simply dropping a kiss on her head and blinking his eyes while he pulled her close to his heart.

"Hey, how about you move in with me?" He asked after a while and she looked at him with a huge grin.

"Really? Okay!" She smiled, already thinking about living with him inside her head.

He chuckled, finding her so excited about it and then they kissed each other subtly. He ducked his head to lower himself enough to reach out to her soft and supple lips. Her hands enveloped his neck on their own accord as she pushed herself up to his level. The kiss was a quick one before they parted and went in for another one. As their lips moved in sync, caressing each other as if all their feelings and emotions were poured into it. His tongue made his way in, evoking a passionate and fervent moment. Lapping it with her sweetness, his hands slipped inside her top and directly went into action. She felt a small tug when her innerwear was opened and she leaned further towards him in order to straddle him and he tucked his hand under her thighs, carrying her to their bedroom in one go.

A moan escaped her lips when he sloppily sucked on her sweet spot beneath her ear. She squeaked when he bit her right there the next second, she could feel her body warming up intensely and it was all him, this man she was clinging to was the one whose touch could do wonders. They were quick to discard their clothes and make love. Frantically moving against each other and caressing each other with utmost affection while writhing in sweat with pleasure.

In a couple of days Sidharth and Shehnaaz were invited by Preeti for dinner one night.

"Namaste aunty." Shehnaaz greeted his mother, feeling awkward while meeting them after the Punjab fiasco, wondering what an  impression that incident must have left on them.

"Namaste beta! Aa baith. Kaisi hai?" Rita ji was still the sweetest.

"Ji thik." Shehnaaz replied while Preeti gave her a weird look. Throughout the course of the dinner, the family had their usual chit chats about their work and daily routine.

"Aunty, I wanted to apologise for what all happened back there in Punjab. Nahi hona chahiye tha. Mann bada kharab hua mera, hum sab ka infact." She said when she found a decent opportunity to speak. Sidharth held her hand under the table, he was surprised as well as mad at her for bringing this up here without informing him.

"It's okay, teri galti nahi thi beta." Rita ji replied.

"Isliye itni chup hai tu, jab se aayi hai?" Preeti asked and rolled her eyes at the girl when she nodded.

"Kitne ache ho aap log, mai aati hu toh itne pyaar se mere se baatein karte ho. Lekin waha Punjab me Chachi ne Sidharth se aise baat ki mujhe bilkul acha nahi laga." Shehnaaz sighed, letting out what she had been meaning to say.

"And again, was that your fault? Not everybody will have the same perspective towards the same thing. Right Ma?" Preeti replied.

"Ha sahi baat hai. Tum dono itna kuch hone ke baad bhi sath ho aur khush ho, ye important hai. Isi baat pe khush reh. Thik hai?" Rita ji cheered her up as well.

"Hanji. Thank you aunty." Shehnaaz replied, holding her hand across the table. Maybe this family would fill the void hers had left behind, they were mature and understanding for her well being, she thought. "

So? I've heard your address has changed again?" Preeti teased the couple to lighten up the mood.

"Umm, wo toh Sidharth ne.." Shehnaaz blushed, answering her.

"Ha, sab toh mera bhai karta hai. Tu kuch nahi karti?" Preeti added.

"Preeti please!" Shehnaaz chuckled, shying away from them and the night was a memorable one in itself.

Sidharth and Shehnaaz were attending an event he was invited to. "Haye, mai bore ho jaungi." She sighed and he gave her an unimaginable look since they were about to enter the venue.

He didn't say anything, rather held her hand and walked into the exhibition held by the city's one of the most aspiring dress designers.

She was in awe of the exhibition, it celebrated the extraordinary craftsmanship of clothing from India as well as the couture fantasies they had inspired.

"Wow Sidharth!" She gasped, clutching his hand excitedly and looked at him with a huge grin.

"Bore toh nahi ho rahi?" He asked sarcastically and she chuckled as she shook her head, busy looking around the dresses.

"Mr Shukla, we're glad you made it!" A man suited up in Tux walked up to them.

"Who'd want to miss this opportunity Mr Malik and yeah, congratulations man." Sidharth replied as he shook hands with the guy.

He didn't interrupt Shehnaaz while she carefully listened to the host's introduction about the exhibition and the designers. Her eyes shined with remembrance of a dream that was long forgotten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks a lot guys for the amazing response the previous chapters.. you people never fail to make me feel special.. and I'm so glad I'm here.. just felt like letting you all know.. I read and like your comments and they make my day everytime..

How's this chapter.. mereko response do badhiya se.. I want to know how you people feel about it??

Sidharth opening up.. it's a confession in itself isn't it? Har confession ka matalab I love you thodi na hota hai.. am I right?

Shehnaaz's thoughts? Her way of expressing it out?

The Shukla fam is simply amazing.. aren't they??

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें