Chapter 79

Everybody returned pretty late in the night, the cab had dropped them at their office around 10.

"I would have offered you a ride, lekin mai khud scooty se aata hu." Rizwan told her, as he wore his raincoat. Shehnaaz nodded and pulled out her phone to check where Sidharth was.

"I can offer you a ride!?" Nikhil offered again.

"It's okay. Mujhe lene aa rahe hai." She replied.

"Gharwalo ko kyu pareshan kar rahi ho? Look at this weather, lemme drop you off." He insisted.

"It's okay, my boyfriend's on his way." She replied and he immediately understood.

"Tu gaya nahi?" She asked Rizwan, watching him return from the parking lot.

"Tumhare gharwalo ke aate tak ruk jata hu." He replied and she nodded.

"Uff, ye baarish rukne ka naam hi nahi le rahi!" She whined, looking outside. Soon a car honked outside the gates of the building and she recognised it.

"Aa gaya!" She chirped, she was about to walk out until she noticed Sidharth approaching her with an umbrella.

"Rizwan ye Sidharth hai aur Sidharth ye hai Rizwan!" She introduced the two shortly.

"Hello." Rizwan adjusted his specs and looked at the tall man in front of him.

"Hey." Sidharth nodded.

"My boyfriend." She piped in, properly introducing him.

"Ok, nice." Her friend replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Tune soya ache se? Ghar gaya tha?" She asked, once they were on the roads.

"Ghar nahi gaya, so raha tha adha time." He replied.

"Chal thik hai na, parso toh jayenge hi ghar. Tere product launch ke liye!" She replied, even she had been waiting for the big day.

"Acha, puch na aaj kya kya dekha maine?" She asked him.

"Kya kya dekha tune?" He did as asked.

"Mills dekhe, factories dekhi. Pata, textile me ek dhaage se lekar poora kapda banta hai. Aur itni badi badi machines hoti hai! Wow! Maza aa gaya by God!" She said, filling him with the details about her experience today.

"The conversion of fibre into yarn, then yarn into fabric. These are then dyed and fabricated into cloth which is then converted into useful goods. So surreal, science bhi bohot hai lekin in machines ke peeche aur uss poore process me." She added. He smiled, listening to her.

"Acha, tune mere baccho ko khana diya na time se?" She asked him about her fishes.

"Hmm." He nodded and kept looking at the sky, wishing the rain would stop soon. She rested her head on his shoulder as he drove them home.

The next day, Sidharth sulked when the weather didn't improve at all and if asked about the weather forecasts and the reports according to the news channels, there was a high alert in the entire city. The people have been warned to take appropriate measures because the weather would remain all rainy and stormy for at least the next 4 days.

"I cannot believe this is happening!" He held his head in between his hands.

"Sir, itni bhari baarish me kal event kaise hoga? Should we book another date sir?" His manager, Atul, asked.

"Jitna bola jaye, utna karo!" He dismissed him, tensed about the situation. He wouldn't be able to take it, his had loans over head, he had a company to run and hundreds of people to feed. But the situation was going out of his hands every passing minute due to the precipitation.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें