Chapter 89

"Shehnaaz beta, sab thik hai na?" Rita ji asked her daughter in law.

"Hanji, aap aise kyu rahe ho?" Shehnaaz replied, smiling.

"Tu thik nahi dikh rahi baccha, koi baat hai kya jo tujhe pareshan kar rahi hai? Sidharth bhi thoda chup chup sa tha aj." Rita ji asked clearly this time.

"Maa wo- Idhar aaiye." Shehnaaz sighed, realizing she had to tell someone about it or her stomach would start hurting any moment now and pulling Rita ji near a corner.

Even though this should be the happiest day of her life, she was still in daze and disturbed from last night's accident. The guests who were staying in the hotel came to attend the wedding this morning and told everybody about the accident on the overbridge. The truck that had gone out of control had hit the divider and turned upside down, the driver couldn't make it and the entire accident had caused a huge jam the next day.

"Jis accident ke baare me Fufaji bata rahe the na, kal wo humare samne hua tha. Hum usi raaste se wapas aa rahe the." She told her as her eyes filled up and then she further filled her mother in law with the details of the incident.

"Oh my God!" Rita ji gasped as her heartbeats picked up and she hugged Shehnaaz to help her calm down.

"Hum bohot dar gaye the Maa, I'm sorry humne kisi ko bataya nahi." Shehnaaz said.

"It's ok baccha. Bhagwan ka shukar hai ke tum dono thik ho." Rita ji mumbled in the hug and watched her son approaching them.

"Ye bhi usi baat se pareshan hai, lekin bol nahi raha." Shehnaaz told and her husband understood what they would be talking about.

"I had no idea how that truck came up, ek second hum baat kar rahe the aur agle hi second truck samne thi.." he was unable to explain how sudden it was.

"Haaye mere bacche! You two must have been stunned. Upar se aaj ka din kitna hectic raha tum dono ke liye" Rita ji replied, caressing their faces.

They almost flinched when someone held their ears from behind their backs. "Aur isliye tum dono ko bahar ja ne se mana kiya tha. Bola tha na nazar lag jati hai!! Wohi hua!" Harjot appeared and stood in between them, boy she looked mad.

"Chachi, hum bas drive pe-" Shehnaaz tried to justify.

"Chup kar! Mai jab kuch bolti hu na, usko seriously liya kar. Chalo, abhi tum dono ki nazar utaarni padegi!" Harjot announced and wareded off evil eyes from the couple again. Even though Sidharth was not a fan of such stuff, he knew Chachi did so because she cared for them and then they carried on with the night.

"Behenji bura na manna, inka vyaah jab ek aur bari hona hi hai. Toh dono ek kamre me kaise ja ne de sakte hai?" Shehnaaz's Mami said.

"Chalo kisi ne toh bola, mai bolti toh mai buri ban jati." Sidharth's Bua piped in, side-eyeing Rita ji. The couple went through a couple of post wedding rituals before making it to their room when their relatives spoke up.

"We could have simply opted for a court marriage." He mumbled and his wife hid her face on his bicep to hide her silent laugh. The family members held themselves back, to see how he was going to respond to it.

"Kafi raat ho gayi hai, kal sabko subha phir nikalna bhi. Jaiye rest kar lijiye aap sabhi. Chaliye good night!" He replied to everybody and held Shehnaaz's hand, leading her to their room.

Once in, she began to remove her jewelleries and unpin the clips and pins around her heavy lehenga. "Ye peeche ke pin nikal de." She asked him for help.

"Kaha?" He replied, looking for pins on her dress.

"Idharr! Andar ki taraf laga hua hai, dhyaan se dekhna!" She whined pointing behind her right shoulder.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें