Chapter 30

"Chal." Shehnaaz sat in Sidharth's car and closed the door. He took a deep breath, trying to digest that the girl here didn't know she was shutting the door a little too loud.

"Tu mujhe aisi drop aur pick up karega? Daliy?" She asked him while they were on their way to Sprinkles.

"I don't mind." He shrugged, taking a turn away from his daily route to drop her off.

"Lekin daily? Tujhe kaam me late ho gaya ya tujhe apni family se milne jana hoga tabhi mai cab kar lungi. Thik hai?" She said. He was being such a great help already that she didn't want him to make exceptions for her.

"Hmm." He nodded and turned on the stereo for some music.

"Mai soch rahi thi.." she began, making him turn down the volume.

"Matlab mai soch rahi hu ke mere liye tiffin mai khud bana lungi. Lata aunty ko mana karde tu." She said, slightly nervous about his reaction.

"Kyu? Tujhe khana thik nahi laga?" He questioned.

"Arey nahi, khana toh bada sahi banati hai wo. Mai bas, matlab mai unka kaam nahi badhana." She hesitantly tried to explain to him.

"Unka kaam hi hai khana banana. Dekh subha subha do log alag alag khana banayenge usse acha wo hi dono ka bana degi. It's no biggie." He replied, brushing off her suggestion.

"Aur tu apna dimag zyada mat chala." He added, making her snap her head towards him. He could quite guess what and what all she could think of, or overthink to be precise. She increased the volume of the local Bollywood pop song to let the music consume the silence for the rest of the ride.

"Bye." She opened the door and got out.

"Ruk." He stopped her before she could close the door.

"Ha?" She couldn't get what he just said.

"Aram se door band kar." He replied and saw her rolling her eyes at him.

"Aram se hi karti hu." She shrugged, closing the door properly this time.

"Last time zor se band kiya tha. It's just that slamming doors can weaken joinery, damage hinges and handles." He mumbled.

"Kya kya kya? Uchi bol!" She walked closer towards the door and leaned against the half open window.

"Bas dhyan rakhna next time se." He replied, correcting his hair as he looked into the rear view mirror.

"Sidharth ki car kharab ho jayegi?" She chuckled, pressing her hand against the glass window to irritate him.

She knew he didn't like any kind of dirt or even finger marks left behind. She had seen him wipe the glass top of the dining table after they had dinner last night.

"Tch! Mat kar yaar." He frowned, pulling out a paper napkin and wiping the area where she put her hand.

"Get lost." He told her and she giggled, waving at him.

"Kal kyu nahi aayi tu? Phone bhi nahi utha rahi thi?" Mary welcomed her with a straight face.

"Sorry aunty. Mera phone band tha aur meri tabiyat thodi si thik nahi thi." She made an apologetic face.

"Toh tujhe Sidharth hospital leke gaya tha?" Mary inquired, she had seen through the door when Shehnaaz walked out of the guy's car.

"Aunty-um-" Shehnaaz was tongue tied, her boss caught her lying and she was bound to tell Mary everything that had happened in the last two days with her. "..jab tak wo banda wapas nahi aata. Mai Sidharth ke ghar pe hu." She told her.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें