Chapter 39

The moment their lips met, it was a wholesome minute that melted down all the boundaries they had been keeping all the way as friends. This kiss wasn't their first but it was officially the first, it was different, it was deep, it was tender, it was warm, it was refreshing and what not! His lips caressed hers at first before they actually began to get into each other's mouth, mind and soul slowly. She was not expecting this, not that night at least and not at all from his side. Once done, the two were looking at each other, wondering if there were any words needed to add to this moment.

"Kuch mat bolna!" She told him.

"Kya?" He asked, confused.

"Last time tune jabhi kuch bola tha, sara mood kharab kar diya tha." She replied and he couldn't help but laugh out loud. He obliged by not saying anything and rather pulled her towards himself and kissed her cheek, things were not at all going to be the way they went the last time.

Back then, he was not looking for a relationship, nor he expected himself to have feelings for someone in a way more than friends. With Shehnaaz, time and faith managed to make its way towards her. He used to think about her more than the amount of time they spent together, the realization made him think why was he keen on making sure if she was fine or not. The answer wasn't difficult to find, he had been simply avoiding to acknowledge that he and Shehnaaz could have something.

"Ek baat bolu?" She said, bringing him out of his reverie.

"Hmm." He nodded, looking at her when she took a couple of seconds to form her words.

"I don't know what we're going to be like, I mean ofcourse I know. I've considered you my best friend Sidharth, I still do. Aur mere paas sirf ek hi best friend hai jisse mai baat karti hu, tu samajh raha hai?" She said, doubting if she made sense.

She just wanted him to know that he was her best friend, a friend with whom she had shared her sorrows, her insecurities, her vulnerabilities and this could probably have been the most intimate thing she could have shared with anyone but now that he became more than a mere friend to her, she was worried if those things would affect him.

"Shehnaaz, you're my best friend too! And this-" He gestured his fingers in between them.

"This remains the same, for life. I promise." He added, no matter what the future they had in this newly established relationship, he would be by her side as her best friend.

"Vaise toh mai zyada dur ki sochti nahi abhi se, lekin mann me aaya toh maine bol diya." She sighed, observing her nails to avoid looking at him and hiding her blush. His mere assurance made her feel delighted.

"I promise you the same as well." She added.

In response to that, he held her close and captured her lips again. Her lips brushed his, softly, delicately, like butterfly wings, just long enough that he could inhale her breath. The unexpected sound coming out of the screen made them pause, it turned out that she mistakenly sat on the remote and replayed the film.

"Remote." He chuckled, taking the device and switching off the screen.

"You know what, we should do this often! Ye movies wagera." She told him.

"Hm, totally. Movies bhi aur wagera bhi.." he smirked, tilting his head a little and giving her a side eye. She laughed, hitting his arm and grabbing her phone to check the time.

"Chalna chahiye mujhe." She said, it was past midnight and she had to go to work the other day.

"Excuse me?" His brows creased, she wasn't staying the night.

"Kaha chali?" He asked, sitting up straight.

"Iss time mall toh jaungi nahi, ghar obviously!" She rolled her eyes, standing up and dusting the popcorn from her lap.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें