Epilogue

Yes, Shehnaaz was pregnant! Sidharth got concerned when she puked once again the following day while they were about to have lunch and they visited the nearest hospital.

"Is she okay? Is it the food?" Their guide had asked.

"No man, she's pregnant!" Sidharth hugged the guy out of excitement. Such was the joy, his happiness knew no bounds when they got to know that she was carrying his child. Their child. Their symbol of love. Their little version. She was seven weeks far and it meant they made the baby right after the surprise proposal!

"Mujhe dar lag raha hai.." Shehnaaz mumbled when they came back to their room.

"It's okay, you're going to be fine. Mai rakhunga tera khayal -" he was consoling her.

"Nahi! Mujhe pata hi nahi tha ke andar baby hai aur maine daru pi hai abhi kuch dino me! Oh God! How could I do this?!" She worriedly asked on the verge of crying.

He was concerned about the same now because he was the one drinking along with her all the while but it wasn't their fault because they themselves didn't know.

"We'll consult the doctor, thik hai. You know Preeti's doc is the best. She'll guide us through. Tu tension mat le, hume nahi pata tha na." He replied, taking her in his embrace and ensuring her. They sat in silence for a while and aimlessly stared at the pregnancy report in front of them.

"I cannot believe I'm pregnant! Haaye! Iss baar Chachi ko problem na ho!" She wondered.

"Shut up!" He replied and the two chuckled recalling their very adventurous trip to Punjab when they had a pregnancy scare.

"Mai chah ke bhi bhool nahi sakti, kitna drama hua tha!" She sighed.

"Mai bhi nahi bhoolunga, kis dramebaaz family se pala pada tha!" He added, biting his tongue sidewise and she smacked his chest in response.

"Kutte! Pala pada tha nahi, HAI! Abhi wohi family teri bhi hai, bakwas mat kar!" She snapped at him.

"Sorry! Oh I'm so happy! You'll finally address our child as the baby and not those fishes anymore." He said and she laughed at that.

They were staying at Belmond Hotel that had the facilities of a private dock, gardens, a floating terrace, a spa and a swimming pool. This hotel was situated on Giudecca Island, away from the crowds. Just a five-minute boat ride from St Mark's Square. They decided not to cut short their trip because this would probably be their last trip together before the baby and thought to make the most out of it. They visited Verona for the last two days, it was known as the city of love because it has been framed for being the setting of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Located a little over an hour from Venice, it proved to be a tranquil and romantic destination for the couple.

They broke the news to the family when they returned to Mumbai, their family's reaction was no less, Rita ji threw a feast and herself cooked for everybody. Shehnaaz was taken care of like a baby herself throughout the course, her family from Punjab used to visit her often.

"Isko humesha pehne rehna." Harjot got her niece an amulet she got blessed from their gurudwara because Shehnaaz won't be able to wear bangles along with the laddoo she made with dry fruits and desi ghee.

"Aap Chachu ko itne dino ke liye akele chhod ke aa gaye? Unko aapki zarurat nahi hogi?" She asked her aunt while tying the amulet around her neck.

"Unhone hi bheja hai mujhe! Tu mat soch zyada!" Harjot assured.

Sidharth made sure he was by her side in each and every phase of their pregnancy, made sure she ate well and slept well. Her mood swings and tantrums didn't help though, it happened when she was six months pregnant and Sidharth attended back to back meetings for a weekend so that he could finish off his work a little early and take some days off to be with her at the baby shower ceremony.

🎉 आपने Strings Of Love को पढ़ लिया है 🎉
Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें