Chapter 10

"Chal, aa gaye Dream Heights Residency." Vicky told Shehnaaz, turning towards the building and asking the watchman to open up. The duo were guided to a subtly decorated lawn with minimal people.

"Excuse me!" She asked a girl who was passing by when she couldn't find Sidharth there.

"Hum birthday cake aur cupcakes deliver karne aaye hai. Where's-" She mentioned.

"Aao mai batati hu kaha rakhna hai. Mai box aap se le leti but you see maine abhi abhi nail paint lagaya hai!" The girl replied and laughed a little.

"It's our job!" Shehnaaz smiled following her in.

"Payment ho gayi hai kya? Actually mai khud kal aayi hu apni Nani ke birthday ke liye, so I don't know much about the arrangements. Aisa nahi hai ke mujhe kuch bhi nahi pata, just that mere semesters kal hi khatam huye toh planning sari bade logon ne ki." The girl kept on talking.

"Payment ho gayi hai, uski tension na lo." Shehnaaz simply replied.

"Okay. Oh, so silly of me. Maine apna intro toh diya nahi. I'm Akriti Singhal aur ye meri mausi ka ghar hai. Aur vo ja rahe hai mere Mama, OH MAMA!" The girl called for her uncle.

"Ha? Oh hi Shehnaaz!" Sidharth joined them.

"Aap jante ho inko? Inhone toh bataya nahi?" Akriti turned to Shehnaaz.

"Hi, actually mujhe laga sab busy hai toh…" Shehnaaz's words trailed off with that whereas she was actually waiting for Akriti to let her speak so that she could ask for Sidharth.

"Arey nahi, mai bas bahar hi aa raha tha. Anyways, thanks." He thanked her, taking the bigger box from her.

"You guys know each other?" Akriti spoke again.

"Yeah, she's a friend Shehnaaz and she's my niece Akriti." Sidharth smiled, answering his niece and introducing them.

"Ha, bataya isne abhi." Shehnaaz nodded and followed him towards a table, when she suddenly slipped on the misty grass.

"Ow!" She shrieked afraid she'd ruin the cupcakes.

"Gotcha!" Akriti held her hand and steadied her up.

"Check karna, cupcakes kharab toh nahi huye?" She nervously asked Akriti to open the box.

"Are you okay?" Sidharth asked.

"Aapko lagi toh nahi? Cupcakes thik hai." The girl asked her back simultaneously.

"I'm okay." Shehnaaz nodded, however her foot hurt because it got twisted unexpectedly and she couldn't walk straight.

"Mama, aap ruko inke sath mai chair leke aati hu." Akriti suggested and left to grab a chair.

"I don't think you're okay. Tera pao mud gaya tha, maine dekha." He mentioned making her sit and then asking a househelp to get him a relief spray.

"Sidharth, mat kar. Tere ghar pe party shuru hone vali hai!" She said, noticing the incident came out to be a head turner and now some people were watching them intactly.

"Shoes khol." He told her, ignoring her words.

"Zarurat nahi hai Sidharth, mai na Vicky ke sath aayi hu. Usko bula leti hu. Please don't bother." She replied when it looked like he was himself going to put the spray on her foot.

"Chale jana, bas spray laga le. Moch aa sakti hai." He was worried, she could see that and it made her heart smile while he excused himself when his sister called for him.

"Ek minute me aaya mai." He excused himself.

She obliged by opening her shoe and taking the spray from him to apply and massage a little bit and then asked Vicky to come and get her.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें