Chapter 8

"Let me know if you'd be going for a walk again. Kuch kaam se Andheri aane vala hu, I suppose around 8." Sidharth kept checking at his unattended text that had received no reply from Shehnaaz's side.

"Wednesdays are mostly busy, I'm not sure." Her reply arrived an hour late.

He was unknowingly upset that she was busy but didn't ask her if she would be able to make it after 8, even though he wanted to. He didn't want to seem desperate in any way, or make it look like he liked her and was trying to make a move. Well, did he actually like her? He questioned himself. No and moreover, wasn't it soon to be liking someone you've just met? It was too soon but it was all her fault, she was so intriguing in herself that he wished to know more about her.

It was ironic, how he had always known Ishita being his family friend and they had elevated their friendship after years of having a crush on each other. Belonging from the same elite class, they had found each other's potential enough to go on dates and think of a future together. As much as they looked perfect, gradually with time it was proven wrong.

Impression at first sight was probably the reason he had developed feelings for her. He had liked her for her behaviour and observed her so closely that he ended up with a pretty good opinion on her. Appearance wise, she was indeed the most gorgeous face he had ever seen, adding up to it her nature and etiquettes mattered a lot too to think of a life together. He still remembered each and every thing they had, it was a beautiful relationship but it wasn't meant to last long he guessed. Despite all those arguments and lack of time spent together, he had believed they would be able to make it through but not everything he thought was going to happen as planned.

Sidharth tried to not get zoned into that matter again and got out of his office feeling the need of air, making sure he had a packet of cigarettes in his pocket. With a deep sigh, he held one between his lips and clicked open the metallic lighter, lightening up the cylindrical thing and blowing the air away.

A little later, his phone beeped with a text from Shehnaaz. "Mai free hoke tujhe bataungi, thik hai. Just gimme a miss call on this no." She had sent her phone number with the message. As asked, he called her and waited to see if she'd receive it.

"Hello?" Shehnaaz answered.

"Hi cupcake!" He replied.

"Vivek?!" She awkwardly addressed, she was expecting Sidharth and not him, not to forget his voice didn't seem familiar.

"It's been two weeks you've heard from him. Lekin banda barabar yaad hai, ha!" Sidharth chuckled.

"Sidharth tu! Idiot, mujhe sachme laga Vivek hai!" She said, feeling relaxed that it wasn't the other guy or she would have to make up a story why she didn't text him back ever.

"Yaad nahi tha, tune bola toh yaad aaya." She clarified.

"Right. Right." He mumbled.

"Alright, aaj nahi toh phir baad me dekhte hai. Tu busy hai toh." He said, not wanting to bother her if she didn't have time.

"Arey nahi!" She interrupted and wondered if he'd take it in another sense.

"Mera matlab hai, I'll let you know when I'm free. Cancel mat kar." She added.

"Okay, cool." He agreed and they hung up. He didn't get the time to think about it further as his sister kept calling him.

"Tu kisi se baat kar raha tha? Number busy aa raha tha." Neetu said.

"Ha ek call pe tha, teri flight kab hai?" He asked her.

"Kal dopahar 3 baje aa jaiyo airport. Acha, vo trip ka tune kuch plan kiya?" His sister replied.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें