Chapter 14

Sidharth's mood was ruined, he simply blamed Shehnaaz for it, for her baseless excuses. It all began when she denied his invitation to his company's event. He really didn't get why she refused to come when he had been a good friend to her and things have been likewise.

"Juhu chalein? Mausam bhi mast hai, beach pe chill karenge." He suggested, taking a look at her from the roads for affirmation.

"Haaye, dekh shaam ka waqt hai. Aise me mujhe beach beach nahi jana." She replied.

"Kyu? Pani se darti hai?" He chuckled, asking while she nodded slowly.

"Don't tell me, tu jabse yaha hai, tune ek baar bhi beach nahi dekha?" He asked.

"Dekha hai, lekin dur se. Pani ke paas jane me bhi dar lagta hai. Ek baar mai bachpan me gir gayi thi humari colony ke pool me. Haaye, tabse toh phobia hi ho gaya hai jaise!" She enlightened him with the information.

"Oh! Abey toh pani me jayegi tabhi toh dar niklega." He replied and she glared at him for being so insensitive about it.

"Don't look at me like that, dar se toh nikalna padega na. I mean, aise soch ki tu Pani ke dar se kitni sahi cheezein miss kar rahi hai! Like the beach! Aur kitne water sports hote hai jaise jet skiing, snorkeling and much more." He explained.

"Bol toh aise raha hai jaise tujhe kisi cheez se dar nahi lagta?" She challengingly questioned.

"Lagta tha na, height se. I used to be scared of heights so much, bachpan me mere sare cousins ek trekking trip pe gaye aur mai akela nahi gaya tha. Bas dar laga rehta tha fisal ke gir jaunga, lekin kab tak darta. Ye dekh.." he slowed down the car a little to grab his phone. He opened the gallery and further looked for a particular folder to show her the pictures of him.

"Play that video." He said, handing his phone to her while driving.

"Skydiving!! Haaye, tune kaise kar liya?" She was amazed at the view shown in the clip, the sky was so beautifully blue up there.

"Yeh yahi Aamby valley ka hai, they made me jump from 10 fucking thousand feet! Kuch 3-4 saal pehle." He chuckled, recalling his experience.

"And how was it?" She excitedly asked.

"Amazing! So surreal! Pehle toh meri fatt gayi thi, wapas jane ka mann ho raha tha. Lekin phir himmat ki, kuch dost the sath me, wo saale chidhane lage. Maine phir mann bana liya, ke boss- ab darna nahi hai." He told her with a nostalgic smile on his face.

"Maza bada aaya hoga na!" She said as she kept looking through his pictures, swiping one after the other until she came across a selfie where there was a girl, kissing on his cheeks. Shehnaaz immediately tapped on the home button and returned his phone.

"Ha, bohot!" He agreed.

"Flyover wale raste me ja rahe hai? Sach me beach leke ja raha hai?" She guessed and really wished he didn't.

"What do you think?" He asked her back.

"Yaar, din me alag baat hoti hai. Din me dar kam lagega." She requested so cutely that he couldn't help but smile.

"Nahi ja rahe hai beach, aage se U turn lenge. Long drive?" He asked.

"Thank God!" She sighed, relaxing a little in the seat and making him chuckle.

The weather was quite good, the wind was speeding up with clouds coming in the view and it began to rain. As soon as they took a U turn, a red signal caught them in place for a while. The windscreen was getting fogged up so Sidharth thought of switching on the AC to settle it down when he saw her drawing a smiley face on her side of the window. As much as it was adorable, her fingertips left marks on the clean glass which didn't go well with him.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें