Chapter 28

"Hi! Aaj finally tere liye ghar dekhne ja rahe hai, you can smile you know." Sidharth greeted Shehnaaz when she joined him after her work; they were going to see the flat for her.

"Hmm." She replied, passing him a forced smile.

"Abhi bhi mood kharab hai tera?" He asked and she shot her head to him.

"Seriously? You doubt that?" She snapped at him and he brought his fingers close to his mouth and acted as if he was zipping them.

She looked outside through the window then, upset with her sister's behaviour. Amrit had returned really late last night, around 1 in the morning. She was partying with a bunch of friends she made from some other department in the office. When she returned home, she was drunk. Shehnaaz was not happy to find her in such an intoxicated state that she wasn't even able to walk straight. And what followed after that night was her behaviour in the morning. The girls ended up having an argument about it.

"Mujhe itna gussa aa raha hai na, mai kya batau?!! You said she's an adult now, didn't you?!" Shehnaaz turned to Sidharth angrily.

"But I didn't kno-" he began to justify himself but she didn't let him.

"Nahi, chup ek dum. Tune hi bola tha na ke wo apna dhyan rakh legi? Aise rakhegi wo apna dhyan!" She was scolding him, for a reason she didn't know herself.

Last night, she informed him that her sister had returned and also enlightened him with some of the details but he was still deprived of the dispute the girls had in the morning.

"Pata usne kya bola mujhe? Amrit boli ke- Sana, overreact mat kar. Mai sirf ek party me gayi bina bataye. Ab tu zyada kar rahi hai." She told him. Her little sister had always been the baby of her family. As an elder sister, she supposed it was her responsibility to protect her. Of course she was only there to help Amrit out, but putting on the role of taking care of her all the time was a no no. She wasn't planning on overstepping into her sister's life, her parties, her workplace or wherever she would go.

"Can you believe she said that? How am I overreacting? How am I supposed to stay calm when my sister isn't home and it is past midnight?" She added, almost feeling like screaming it to the world.

"Woah! Easy dude! I'm not Amrit." He was surprised by the way she was talking louder every passing minute.

She quietly sat in the seat and closed her eyes, not knowing why she was letting it out on him like this.

"I'm worried about her. Sidharth mai kya karu? Jisse Amrit ko lage ki mujhe uski fikar hai, mai uski life me interfere nahi kar rahi hu. It's just that, I want her to be safe." She said.

"Usko lagta hai mai overprotective ho rahi hu. I'm always asking when she'd be back home. Okay, I agree I'm a little protective but it's because she's new to the city! Because she's always been so pampered at home, mai chahti hu usko yaha akela na lage. She's always been a baby sister to me and I love her, mai uski khushi hi chahungi." She teared up slowly while talking about what she was feeling about the entire thing.

"Ofcourse you love her! And you know what, hmm?" He replied, slowing down the car and pulling it to the side.

"She knows that! She knows you love her and she loves you too. Just because you guys argued, it doesn't change anything. Okay!" He said, trying to comfort her.

"Mai aur meri behene bohot ladte aaye hai bachpan se. Believe me, we still fight! But that doesn't mean we don't love each other." He added and it somewhat helped. She nodded, taking a hold on her flowing emotions and having faith on the fact that Amrit would understand her point.

"Hmm, you're right. Tu usse baat karega?" She asked.

"Mai? Kya baat karunga?" He was confused.

"Tu Amrit ko samjhana na, jaise abhi mujhe samjhaya. Wo teri baat manegi." She answered.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें