Chapter 82

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!" The entire family who were at the door, ringing the bell continuously, barged in the moment Shehnaaz opened the door. They took turns to hug the couple to congratulate them.

"Congratulations mere bacche! I wish you two all the best for your future!" Rita ji wished them followed by her hug.

"Chachi?! Aap log!" She was so happy to find her aunt and sister there as a part of the surprise.

"Badhai ho puttar!" Harjot gathered her niece happily in a hug and so did Amrit.

"Finally Mama's going to get married, mai wait nahi kar sakti unki baraat me nachne ke liye!!!" Akriti squealed, not leaving her uncle's side.

"Ha bhai, shaadi ki tayyari shuru karni padengi ab toh!" Ajay commented.

"Ruko ruko, baccho idhar aao. Baitho." Harjot said, as Ajay brought the boxes of gifts and sweets to help her.

"Ye sab kya hai?" Shehnaaz asked.

"Aapka roka hone wala hai, surprise part 2!" Akriti commented but her mother shushed her up.

"Harjot shagun lekar aai hain, hume ek chhoti si rasam karni hai." Rita ji explained.

"Aunty bas 2 minute ka time de dijiye mujhe, mai change karke aau? Aap logo ke surprise ke chakkar meri engagement tshirt - pajame me ho gayi." Shehnaaz mentioned and everybody ended up laughing.

"Nahi nahi, aise hi raho. Yahi baatein toh baad me yaad ayengi!" Neetu replied while recording her brother and his fiance in her camera to tease them.

"Aye Neetu!" Sidharth tried to stop her from making a video, embarrassed that he was himself in a pair of old tshirt and shorts.

"Acha jao jaldi. Hum wait karte hai." Rita ji chuckled, asking the family to settle themselves in the living room.

Shehnaaz ran in, shuffled through her best clothes to pick one up. There was a peacock blue suit, an emerald green anarkali suit and a white sharara and nothing seemed good enough for the occasion. "Yaar!" She whined at herself because she was so confused.

"Kya hua?" Sidharth followed her inside the closet, ready in shirt and pants.

"Kya pehnu kuch samajh nahi aa raha hai!? Achanak se kapdo ki crisis ho gayi hai!" She replied, panicking.

"Pagal, ye pehen le. It looks good on you." He laughed, immediately pulling out another set of suits from the adjacent shelf.

"Yeh toh purana hai!" She replied.

"Toh maine konsa kuch brand new pehna hai. Now come on, get ready!" He told her and turned back to leave.

"Sidharth!" She urgently held his hand and turned him around.

"Ha?" He asked.

She didn't reply and kept looking at his face, she leaned in and looked him in the eyes, before her lips fell on his. The feeling of love and passion filled his soul at the moment as if that kiss was meant to be his forever, as if he and the person in front of him were meant to be. When the person he loved grabbed him and held him close and kissed him so, it made him feel settled and completely venerable to her, to his fiance.

Even though it was just a kiss but he felt as if his body would explode with the feeling of happiness, the feeling of being rarely safe in this particular person's hold as if this pacific person was always meant for him.

"Thank you! Thank you for everything!" She said as her eyes filled up. She had been meaning to say a lot of things after his confession only if the entire family had not arrived at that very time.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें