Chapter 25

"What's wrong?" Preeti asked her brother.

"I don't know." Sidharth replied, he really didn't have any idea about what was wrong with him.

"I- it's been a while, actually months since I broke up with her. And last night, I don't know how? I was talking to Shehnaaz. Hum hass rahe the aur baaton baaton me Ishita ka naam mere zuban pe aa gaya." He told her. The siblings were best of friends, having the age gap of 4 years didn't matter when the two shared a great understanding.

"It was embarrassing. Uske baad mai kuch bol hi nahi paya." He added.

"It's been so long yaar, wo aage badh chuki hai. Shaadi karne wali hai, not that I miss her or I want her back. I really don't. I can't get her out of- of my head, out of me. And I just don't know why?" He sadly sighed.

"Sometimes I'm not able to believe it's about to be a year since we broke up and she's not staying with me anymore. I really thought we had a future together, I really used to feel like that, you know. Because she loved me, once. It probably could be due to the nature of our relationship, she was very good to me, sweet and caring, the things we had accomplished together and not to forget the efforts." He let it out, it was rare he'd talk so much while the other person was only supposed to sit. Like now, his sister was just being there, sitting next to him and listening to him.

"Could be." Preeti nodded.

"Sid, honestly, tune kabhi iss baat ko accept hi nahi kiya ki tum dono ka alag hona, tum dono ke achhe k hua ho. Aur tu embarrassed kisse hai? Apni feelings se? You loved that girl once and there's nothing to be embarrassed about." Preeti replied, scooting closer to her brother and taking a hold of his hand.

He gave a thought about what his sister just told him, he didn't think what happened could have been for the best. Instead he asked himself what he did wrong and what he could have done to make the relationship work.

Sidharth thought the reasons his ex left him were not valid, leaving him confused, insecure and clueless. He gave it his best, thinking that everything was going great but she left him asking what he did to deserve this. He put Ishita on the pedestal because of her qualities, how she made him feel, she was very good looking, charming and a wonderful lover. He believed he'd never find anyone better, or worse than this, that he wasn't worthy to find someone as good or better than her. A part of him also used to hope they would come back together, even after so many days. He recalled those days when he had tried to win her back, desperately trying to get her attention in ways that were superficial, immature and unrealistic. Ringing her up daily, like 5-6 times a day to apologize and showing up every other day to talk but nothing had worked out when she told him they were done, for once and for all.

"You know why, because she was your first true love and meaningful
relationship. You believed she was your soulmate among billions of people. You thought she was the one when she wasn't." Preeti told him and he looked at her.

He had made Ishita the center of his universe, the reason for his happiness, the meaning of his life, wellbeing and self worth. When the relationship was over, his life turned upside down. As days went by, a part of him died. His actions, perception of life and identity was influenced by his past relationship and he became a victim of circumstances. Whereas she met someone else, seemed happy and moved on, not keeping any contact with him.

"You need closure, Chhotu. Tu hurt hai, tujhe wo clarity ek baar mil jayegi toh tu kafi cheezein samajh aayengi, tu inn sab se bahar aa payega." She suggested.

"Yeh closure wosure kuch nahi hota." He scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief. She shrugged, knowing how stubborn her brother was.

"Mom kab aayengi?" He asked for a change of topic.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें