Chapter 8: Best Of Me

"Issei!" Rias shouted hearing a girlish scream from the backyard.

Ian hurried out the door to see Issei falling to the ground wounded, and Raynare flying away while carrying the girl that had just adopted. Ian looks around to see both Koneko and Eli unconscious on the ground.

"Damn it." He said before activating a Teleportation circle and trying to get as close to the church before a spear of light was sent flying at him by some random fallen angel.

"Please a human like you doesn't stand a chance against us." The random guy stood before a group of multiple fallen angels came out of the shadows laughing and snickering at the boy.

"...Reaper." That is all that is said before at least half of them were either dead or unconscious and bleeding out.

Ian got into a Teleportation circle along with Crystia who was furious about what they were doing. Ian kicks the door of the church down finding Freed standing there grinning at the pair

"So the Angel whore and the bastard son return to me I can't wait to cut you to pieces in front of the little girl." Freed laughs, his crazed look only complimented by the wild movements of his sword.

Very easily getting under her skin as the boy slowly walks towards the stray exorcist

"Whore?! That's it Cipher-style burn in the third degree!" By simply snapping her fingers Crystia launches blue flames at the ex-priest.

Ian walks past the stray exorcist and starts destroying the whole building before seeing a sword lying on the ground with a note next to it that reads...

Dear Ian,

If you're reading this then that means some bitch ass devil killed me but before I go I want you to have this its name is Rebell and I know about your sacred gear it allows you to summon swords from other dimensions and store them there as well. If I've perished or if I've lost my mind by the time you read this I want you to know that you are the best son I could've ever asked for and that I want you to protect Lily from now and till your death and to promise me that you'll find Nova and protect her with your life well that is all can say other than I love you and you've made me prouder than any father could ever be of they're own son

Love, your Father Freed

After reading all that The boy picked up the blade and looked at the man he once called father and raised the blade now named 'Rebel' up. Ian turns to the man, and sighs leveling the sword...

"CROSSFIRE!" This is followed by an explosion at the back end of the church with a boy holding a sword,  a red headed girl her blade to Raynare's back as she holds her by her wings with another male with a sniper aimed the rifle at Ian.

The boy holding the sniper shooting behind Ian at a Fallen angel who was about to throw a spear at the now confused Crystia.

"Hey what're the people from the Phoenix story doing here? They haven't even gotten chapter one out yet they're barely at their prologue chapter!" She shouted, the group of three looked at Ian for answers.

"She can break the fourth wall." He deadpanned.

"So she's the Loudmouth angel... that would make you the blade master, Ian Star. My name's Aiden Phoenix, and I was sent here to take this bitch with me and kill any fallen angel with her and test your strength by Azazel." The boy said as he stepped to the side, revealing Raynare, and the red haired girl sword still aimed at her neck before the boy with the sniper aimed the gun at Freed's head.

"Well if you don't mind, we're here for something else at the moment." Ian said trying to get past the now named Aiden before he grabbed Ian and threw him back towards the front.

"As I said, I'm here on a job and I like to be paid on time so we're doing this right now." He said as he raised his blade at Ian before sprinting at him and swiftly slashing down only to be parried by Rebel as Ian summoned another blade.

With a sigh, Ian looked directly into Aiden's eyes, the red eyes of Ian implanting deeply into his soul.

As the pair clash, Ian quietly mutters to himself an incantation. "Fine then. I shall envelop the darkness and remove all shadows come forth, Light." He says summoning Light and jumping at Aiden before doing a flurry of attacks at him all of which are blocked by the Red-haired pure blood but an all too familiar crest appears and Rias and her peerage appear before Rias gasps in shock at the sight of Aiden. "You know him or something Tomato head?" He asked receiving a terrified nod from the heir to the Gremory Family.

"So you're with those stuck-up high-class pricks?" Aiden said before he jumped up when a loud bang was heard, when everyone turned their heads they saw Freed holding a Holy gun aimed at both Aiden and Ian.

"Fuck all of you! I can't wait to be covered in your blood, Devils." He said before grabbing his sword and rushing at the duo.

Ian having narrowly dodged the bullet jumped back and sent his new blade into his collection before deciding to end this quickly.

"Reaper." He said, a moment later every person was disarmed and the little girl he came here for was in Crysta's hands before they could even realize what had happened he then desummoned Reaper. "What I came here for is where they need to be my job is done and so is your contract I'll have a word with hi-"

Clank. The sound of two swords clashing was heard as Aiden had recovered from the initial shock and had attacked Ian which had been blocked by Kiba.

"Enough Aiden we already have what we came for and Kalawarner's nowhere to be found the same goes for Mittelt and Dohnaseek." The red haired girl spoke out to Aiden, when he showed no signs of stopping she ended things quickly by grabbing Aiden by the collar and dragging him and the boy with the sniper away.

"Awww come on Babe/Enya we're just getting started and it just started getting fun." The two boys said together as they kicked and flailed about trying to escape Enya's grasp.

Ian then turned to where Freed last was and found he was gone.

"Hey, are you Alright they didn't do anything bad to you, did they?" Ian asked the little girl who kept close to Crystia before slowly answering.

N-no they didn't do anything t-to me." She spoke quietly, slowly getting closer to Crystia.

"Hey it'll be ok but may I ask what's your name?" He asked still not knowing what her name was.

"E-Ember S-Star... are you my b-big brother?" She said glancing to the softly smiling Ian.

"Technically yes I guess that would make you big brother. OOF!" Is all he could get out before Ember jumped into his arms and started crying into his chest. "There, there Ember your survival, means more than my life and I'll protect you no matter what it may cost me. I'll protect you until the day I die."

"Big brother promise me you won't let anyone hurt me. Please." She looked like she was practically begging him.

"Yeah, I promise Ember." He said before hugging the little girl who was still crying into his shirt.

Chapter End.

And that's all for the first arc of The Sword Master. So, yes, there are some pretty major changes both to the original story and to the anime. And it's mostly damage control for a story I personally believe was pretty bad and I'd rather start on a good note and not the dumpster fire that was The original version Sword Master on Wattpad. That's all for now, later.