Chapter 23: Venom

Date: May 2, 2016

Ian lays in bed with Crystia & Mittelt around him when he sits up, luckily for him both girls had rolled off of him. He stealthily stood up and walked out of his room heading to the backyard when he arrived he looked into the night sky, slowly climbing the roof of his house as he stayed looking into the sky.

His mind was clouded, something unfamiliar to him in a long time, for the first time in years, he has no real goal. 'Since when was my life so complicated? Heh. Probably when I first showed up in Kuoh.' He looks back into the night sky when he feels a hand on his shoulder he looks back and see's Xenovia sitting there with him.

"It's beautiful out here tonight, isn't it?"

"Yeah, you could say that."

"I know this probably isn't my place to ask, but... I wanted to ask you, how do you feel about me?"

"How do I feel about you?"

"Yes. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable with all that baby making talk, even though I do still want to have a child with you."

"Well... if I had to say how I feel about you it'd be love, but if I were to say my opinion of you well then... I have a few descriptions. You're hard headed, easy to anger, caring, and can be a little brutal when it comes to honesty, but I know that despite your very, very, tough exterior and personality you're a very caring and loving person who will do anything to protect the ones you love. And that's honestly why I've always loved you."

"Oh, thank you..."

She lays her head on Ian's shoulder as they lay on the roof looking into the night sky the pair falling asleep as they continue to do so. The following morning Ian awakens on the roof with Xenovia in his arms as he picks her up bridal style and carries her into the house through the window when he enters he see's the girls looking at him angrily.

Crystia speaks first hands on her hips. "Ian..."

"Yeah?"

"Care to explain." Mittelt crosses her arms.

Ian sputters. "I- Uh... I... Well... uh..."

Xenovia at that moment awakens Ian's arms and being comfortable snuggled closer into his chest.

"Xenovia, mind explaining." Crystia's eyes nearly bulged out of her head.

"Simple Ian and I slept on the roof together." She spoke bluntly, all while yawning.

"Not helping."

"Ian... you pervert!"

"No,no, no wai-"

Slap! A few minutes later Ian and the others walk to school as Ian rubs his cheek. As the group approaches the school building they spot Issei standing by the entrance when he flinches and grabs his arm, Ian steps next Issei and see's a man in a green shirt with silver grey hair standing in front of the gate looking at Issei before his attention is sent directly to Ian who simply looks back with a neutral gaze.

"Who's that?" He mutters staring at him inquisitively.

The boy walks up to the pair, whilst doing so he starts speaking to Ian and Issei. "This is the second time we've met here."

Issei steps back. "What?"

"Welsh Dragon, Red Dragon Emperor, Issei Hyodo... and Sword Master, descendant of AJ Star, Ian Star... I am Vali, White Dragon Emperor... The Vanishing Dragon."

"You...?" Issei starts looking to his hand and clutches it. 'My left hand is acting up again. Why'd it have to happen in a place like this...?' He looks up to see Ian's blade pointed at Vali's neck while his finger is at Issei's throat.