Chapter 18: Jaded

Date: April, 22, 2016

Ian and Rias sit on a couch with their teams minus Kiba behind them while Xenovia and Irina sit on the other couch.

"Thank you for agreeing to speak with us today. Now my name is Xenovia."

"And I'm Irina Shido."

Rias smiles bowing out of politeness, though Ian sees the tings of hatred in her eyes. "It's fascinating to me why followers of God would want to meet with a devil."

Ian, however, leans back into the couch crossing his legs with a scoff. "Yes, well I started working alongside you didn't I?"

"It does seem random, but here's the thing there are six swords we can account for three of them are still with the Church we happen to know that the other three were stollen by Fallen Angels."

"But who would want to take them I can't think of anyone crazy enough other than Raynere." Mittelt crosses her arms stepping forward and glancing to Ian.

"No. We've already approached and questioned Aiden Phoenix if he's heard about this and they said no. Aiden was the one who informed us about the happenings here and suggested we come here."

Ian scoffs. "Leave it him to send us to find something."

Issei steps forward. "Are you sure about that?"

Xenovia grabs her blade showing to the group. "These are from the ones we have left. Their made from Excalibur."

Ian grins, muttering to himself. "Oh, so a fragment of mine."

"A fragment?" Irina asks.

"I'd rather you not worry about it."

"The one I hold in my hand is the sword of destruction."

"And then there's the one I have here it's called the holy sword of mimicry it's-"

"Excalibur Mimic." Ian interrupts Ironai showing much more interest in her sword than Xenovia's.

"Well, what is it you would like us to do for you today?" Rai's inserts herself back into the conversation.

"Stay completely out of it. This is between us and the Fallen Angels. Let's keep it simple shall we. We don't need the devils in this town to intervene."

Rias scoffs. "That sounds like an accusation. Are you afraid that we'll side with the Fallen Angels and keep you from obtaining the holy swords."

"We know that for devils a holy sword is a detestable thing. Wouldn't it make more sense for-"

Ian interrupts her, preventing his friend from saying anything that'll get her in too much trouble. "Alright Nova, you're not exactly making the best of friends here. If you want them to stay out, just say that Crystia and I'll help you and that's that. Besides Tomato-head here isn't exactly fond of Fallen Angels you see she would probably kill one the second she saw them. The only reason she doesn't kill Milltelt here is because she follows my orders now."

Rias crosses her arms. "Exactly. I wouldn't do anything to besmirch the name of the house of Gremory or my dear brother."

Xenovia simply smirks as Ian's smile vanishes. "It's enough for me to just be able to hear that. I was only relaying the headquarters' message . I honestly didn't think the little sister of Lucifer would really be that stupid."

"Good to know. Then I hope you also understand that I will not provide to your side either."

Ian rolls his eyes. "I on the other hand... well, let's just say I would like to catch up with my friend. And since I technically out rank Rias, I have full autonomy to do as I please as does my team."