Chaoter 19: Bombshell

Ian sighs as he and the others exit the abandoned church wearing priest robes.

"A devil actually put on a priest clothes?" Kiba scoffs at the idea.

"Not without kicking and screaming about it." Ian mutters.

"Yeah." Irina smiles at the sight.

"Hell, I was complacent but that's because I honestly hoped I would never have to wear this. God, I better not cause ten year old boys to run from me." Everyone looks to him some horrified, others confused "That did not sound as weird in my head."

"Meh, it could've been worse, you could've been Issei saying it." Koneko shrugs.

"Hey!"

"Nothing will stand in the way of me and my goal."

"I think we'll be more efficient in three groups. Let's split up."

"I concur. We should do groups of three, better dependability. Yes, a little less ground covered but we can keep each other safer."

"Sounds like a plan to me. We'll take on the east." Issei nods.

"Then Irina, Ian and I can conduct our search in the West part of town."

Ian shrugs his shoulders stretching. "If you see anything at all... call me."

"Right."

"Oh wait. Before you go, there's something important I forgot to tell you."

Issei turns back to adenovirus and the stretching Ian who glances up, directly behind Xenovia. "Okay?"

"We appreciate being taken such good care of. So as thanks you all should know the white dragon has awakened."

Ian, Xenovia and Irina walk away from the group leaving the meaning behind that statement to be lost on them. Ian leads the group around the west side of town into the early hours of the morning.

The walking was fine for all three though Irina's pestering slowly grew more and more annoying, especially the dumb questions like... "So you two used to be lovers?"

"No, just very good partners."

Ian glances to the side. "Yeah, partners."

"So nothing romantic between you two?"

"No." Xenovia swiftly answers.

"And there's your answer."

"Huh. So how do you two know this Freed guy?"

"He was the one that trained us how to fight." Ian says stepping onto the road, silently hoping a car would run him over.

"Yes. Years spent training with him but he always beat us in a fight." Xenovia reaches over pulling Ian back onto the sidewalk just as truck-kun made his attempt to Isekai our boy.

"Do you think you could take him now?" Irina asks ignoring what just transpired.

"As a team I don't think were as in sync as we used to be, but I can individually. I think... I have an idea on somewhere to check."

"Lead the way." Xenografts turns to Ian.

A few minutes later the three are rushing towards the sounds of swords clashing and maniac laughter.

"Damn it all." Ian sighs.

"Let's move." Irina and Xenovia clear past a few bushes arriving only to look atop a building and finding Freed boasting. Ian takes a sniff, being rather loud about it.

Ian appears behind the man and kicks him of destroying part of the building. Before summoning Truth and Dare.

"Huh. Jeez, it already smelled, now it just reeks of hypocrisy. Oh if it isn't the Catholic Church. Ooo, and I see no little Timmy glued to your crotch Freed, progress, finally."