Chapter 21: War of Change

Date: April 25, 2016

Ian and Aiden float in the air side by side of each other, the pair of boys with confident grins in front of Kokabiel as Issei and Rias slowly walk up to the duo. Ian stares his opposition dead in the eyes his balance breaker armor covered in scratches as Aiden floats just a bit to the side of Ian with his sword drawn. Just then Issei transfers the collected boosts into Rias as her energy overflows

"These waves of power are great! It's the highest in the order of devil, Rias Gremory. You've been blessed with power that's as good as your brother's."

"Be gone!" She launches one all out attack as Ian launches back and summons eight swords on strings that float around him he has the strings make a ring in front of him and spin in a circle as they make a red light before he pulls his body back and pushes forward launching the red ball of energy merging it with Rias' destruction magic. As Kokabiel holds it off with a smirk on his face.

"Very interesting, little sister of the devil king, Sirzechs, and descendant of AJ Star." He starts chuckling as Rias launches even more magic at him. But she uses all of her energy as Aiden and Ian land next to her in defensive stances they look up and see Akeno try to hit Kokabiel with a thunder attack but he blocks with his wings. "Are you trying to get in my way, you who possess the power of Barkiel?"

"Don't lump me with that thing!"  She strengthens her attack as Issei questions the name.

"Barkiel?"

Ian answers his blade still raised. It's the name of one of the Fallen Angel leaders. He's actually the head of their intelligence gathering. He works closely with spymasters like myself.

Xenovia steps forward. "I've heard he can use lightning and thunder, but..."

"A thunder-user?" Issei asks.

They watch as Akeno's attacks stop as she takes deep breaths all the while Kokabiel laughs.

"You've Fallen so low as to become a devil now? What an amusing House you have, Rias Gremory. The Red Dragon Emperor... A ruined Holy Sword Project subject... and Barkiel's daughter!"

Xenovia's eyes widen. "What did you say!?"

"Akeno's the daughter of a fallen angel!?!" Issei expresses his shock.

"Rias Gremory, like your brother, you seem to like inferior products."

"I won't forgive you remarks against my brother... our Devil King. Your insults to my servants deserve death!"

Kokabiel smirks leaving his faux throne and descends towards the ground, however he makes sure not to touch the ground under any circumstances in front of the group as Rias has finally stood up.

"Then try and destroy me, little sister of the Devil King, possessor of the Welsh Dragon, Crimson-haired Ruin Princess! You're confronting the archenemy of devils, you know. If you don't take this chance, then this is as good as you'll get!"

Issei stands before her. "Hey, you Fallen Angel scum!"

"Issei!?"

"If you insult the President or Akeno any further, I'm going to beat you up!"

Aiden shrugs. "And for once in your life Issei, you'll have my full support in backup."

Ian lowers his head his eyes glowing red. "Hell, I'm already All-In. You Aiden?"

Aiden grins. "Double or nothing?"

Ian smirks. "Sure, why not."

"You bastards... Are you stupid?"