02 - First Impressions

SONG REC: "19" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Before she could even organize all her thoughts, Yun saw the base. It was an office building that matched the area, and like Lee Know said, blended in. She paused in front of it, breathing hard.

She made the spontaneous decision to climb onto the roof. She scrambled up the building, and just as she got on top, Lee Know had arrived.

He was breathing easy and smirking. She snorted at his arrogance. "Asshole," she murmured. Taking the map he had given her, she crushed it with one hand and peered over the roof.

Patiently, she waited for the perfect timing and threw the crumpled map down at Lee Know's feet.

He glanced at the map, immediately recognizing it. His mouth was slightly open, and Yun's ego inflated.

His turn to be shocked again, she thought smugly. He looked up and saw her face grinning down at him.

"Yun," he said, with a pause, "I think you're going to be a good team member."

"I agree," she replied, leaping down from the four story building. She latched onto a ledge at the last second and dusted her pants off as she stood.

Lee Know clapped once. "Let's introduce you to the members."

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

They entered the building and were instantly greeted by two guys who appeared younger than Lee Know.

One of them saw Yun and raised a hand. "Whoever you are, I'm already scared of you. I'm Kim Seungmin." Seungmin nudged the person beside him.

"I'm Jeongin! Also known as I.N," he said, giving her a bright smile. She almost went blind from Seungmin's and I.N's smiles. They were just so pure and bright.

"They're part of a gang?" she said, doubting.

"You'd be surprised," Lee Know said. "But trust me, everybody here has killed before. Including these guys, although they're more focused on our tech and hacking."

Seungmin nodded. "Looks are deceiving."

Lee Know checked his watch. "Seungmin, buzz in and announce to everybody that in five minutes, everybody has to be ready for a meeting. Living room and casual attire."

"Trust me, they're already in the living room and aware," said Seungmin, who's eyes met I.N's.

Lee Know's eyes trailed over to meet I.N. "Did you send everybody the footage of her scaling the building and mocking me?"

Yun rolled her eyes at his words. "It wasn't mocking–"

"I did, I'm sorry!" I.N admited, flustered.