30 - Heart Shockers & Stoppers

SONG REC: "SORRY I LOVE YOU" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Chan and Yun stared at each other from across her bed. The other members were busy doing missions, errands, and other tasks that required leaving the base, leaving the two of them alone except for Lee Know, who was passed out in his room.

"So..." Chan cleared his throat. "I don't know how else to say it. I already know your answer, though."

Yun tensed. "My answer to what?"

He looked down at the table. "My confession."

Her eyes widened. "I..."

"I love you, Yun. Always have, always will. I don't expect you to reciprocate my feelings in any way, but please know that I love you for the person that you are, and our friendship means everything to me. So please, reject me so we can be normal. So we can be the same old best friends that we've always been."

Yun teared up, choking on her words. "Chan...I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." A tear streaked down her cheek. It killed her to watch him close his eyes and squeeze them in pain. "You have always been so good to me, and our relationship was one of the few things keeping me going when I was younger." Her voice cracked and she had to stop to take a deep breath.

"Yun, no, don't cry, please," Chan begged. He stood up and reached across the table to wipe her tears. "I'm sorry, I didn't know this would make you so emotionally distressed. We can finish this conversation another time."

"I'm sorry that I like somebody else," she whispered. He flinched at her bluntness but then relaxed back into his chair.

"Don't be. I mean, you can be a little sorry because I sure am" – he gave her a comforting smile – "but I know who your heart belongs to now."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Lee Minho." He smiled at her sadly and reached up to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I know, my love. He looks at you with a very familiar expression."

"What do you mean?"

"He looks at you like how I imagine myself looking at you. He looks at you like how you look at him. And he definitely looks at you too much to not feel anything."

"He...looks at me?"

"All the time, love. He looks at you every time you look away, and when he does, there's so much in his eyes. He looks at you like you're his home."

She wiped her eyes. "Thank you for your words, but I'm not so sure about that. And I'm sorry, again, that I don't love you back romantically. I will always love you, Chan, even if it doesn't come with romantic feelings."

He smiled at her again, this time genuinely. "All I want is your happiness. And even if it's not with me, I can accept that. Because I love you, too."

She stood up, walked over to him, and hugged him.