21 - Scars

SONG REC: "SCARS" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Yun now made it a routine to workout with Lee Know. They understood each other on a level she couldn't describe, but it was always simple with him. Sometimes, they wouldn't talk at all.

Today he was doing sit-ups, and she placed her knees on the outside of his knees to keep his legs together. Everytime he came up, he let out a small, happy smile, which she returned with intense giddiness inside.

The members walked in for their workout session, letting out squeals.

"Hi." Yun waved at the members.

Han giggled. "Now what do we have here–" He looked at how close the two were.

Lee Know paused to glare at the members, but the expectant look on Yun's face made him continue his sit-ups with a grumble. He pretended to not see Felix take a photo, and made a note to get Felix to send the picture later. The others spread out and did their own thing.

"And one more...one thousand!" Yun cheered. She patted his knees as he wiped his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Your turn."

They switched, and he held her knees down with his hands. Everytime she came up, she would gently place her hands on his shoulders or face. Each time, he had to bite the inside of his cheek so he wouldn't let out a smile.

They switched again and continued to do different core exercises until they were both covered in sweat.

"We're done," he told Yun. She ruffled his hair, and he frowned, not liking how the members were snickering.

But then she beamed at him, and he didn't care anymore.

"Lots of core exercises today, huh?"

He glanced away. "Yeah."

He didn't want her to admit that he had been working on his core to cover the scar on his stomach.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Yun was working on her squats with weights when Lee Know walked in.

"You shouldn't be doing that without a spotter," he lectured.

She continued stubbornly. "I've killed people before, this doesn't concern me much."

He rolled his eyes and came over to spot her. "You know, the other members still spot each other and they've killed a lot, too. So I'm gonna spot you, okay?"

She tilted her head. "What if I said no?"

He rolled his eyes. "I care about your safety, so let me spot you."

"Oh, fine."

She continued to add more weights until she almost dropped the bar on herself.

Lee Know reached forward and lifted the bar off of her, placing it back on the rack. He took the plates off and looked at her knowingly.

"What did I say?"

She patted his cheek affectionately. "Maybe you were right. I think I'm done here, unless you want me to stay and work with you?"

"Actually..." He looked around the room and then went to lock the door.

"What are you locking the door for?"

He faced her and took off his shirt. "This."

She rushed to cover her face and turned red. "Why–why are you–" She peeked through her fingers as discreetly as possible.

Lee Know's eagle eyes didn't miss the subtle movement. "Are you checking me out, Yun-Yeong?"

"NO!"

"You're cute when you lie." He smirked but then looked down. "I wanted to show you my scar."

She had been so flustered by the situation that she hadn't even seen it. The scar was about as long as his entire abdomen. She faltered, not knowing what to say.

"This scar...is the thing I'm most insecure of. I got it from a life-saving surgery when I was little and almost beaten to death. It was small back then, but it grew and stretched with me."

"You're so...admirable."

He smirked. "That good looking?"

She threw her hands up. "Not that way!"

He let out a low laugh. "I know."

"Can I touch it?" she blurted out.

He nodded. She bent down and touched it with her cold fingers, and he shivered.

She trailed her finger up and down the scar; so gentle, it felt like a wisp of air. He could hardly breathe.

"Is this why you've been working out your core so much?"

She had him all figured out.

He almost forgot to answer, distracted by her touch. "I was hoping that abs would cover up the scar. But in the end, it's still very prominent."

She turned her head up to look at him funny. "Why would you want to cover it up? You're stunning and beautiful and it's a part of you so that means it's beautiful as well. Although, I can't say I'm complaining about the abs." She traced the scar more confidently, making him feel hyper-aware of everything about her. Her proximity, her smell, her finger on his stomach.

He was speechless. "Thank you...Yun. Do you really not care?"

"I like everything about you. Your scars, your marks, your everything. And your eyes. Especially your eyes." She stood up straight and looked at him, eye-level.

He brushed her hair behind her ear and leaned in close, just staring.

She smiled and her uncovered eye turned into a half-moon.

"Don't look at me like that," he whispered.

Her smile fell. He felt a strong pull to make her smile again. "Why?" she asked.

Because when you smile like that, I feel like I would do anything you ask, he wanted to say.

He looked away. "It makes me nervous."

She swallowed back the butterflies in her stomach. He pulled away before he could regret doing something that would lead to heartbreak.

————

i'm back 🤗 i have three weeks left of my sport so i'll update more when it's done!