29 - Always You

SONG REC: "DO I WANNA KNOW?" - ARCTIC MONKEYS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

The next day, members visited Yun in her bedroom. The rejection had killed her spirit, which felt stupid, because she had survived so much worse. But her heart was fragile, after all. Chan had kept her company the most, and oftentimes, she found herself wishing that Lee Know was more like Chan.

Of course, the thought made her feel guilty, as if she was cheating on a man she wasn't even with. But she wished that Lee Know would express more emotion and want to be with her,

Lee Know refused to see her and avoided her like the plague. It hurt her, to lose him as a lover and a friend. But she didn't know how much he panicked over the thought of her, and how his heart raced when he heard her voice.

She loves me, Lee Know's subconsciousness repeated every minute of his day. He was going insane.

He continued to avoid her, and eventually, she continued to do her usual routines without him. It was lonely getting used to working out without Lee Know, but she had been lonely all her life before Stray Kids. She could handle a bit of no-Lee-Know time.

Sometimes, Chan would come in with snacks and she would laugh at how protective he was over everybody.

"What's the point of working out if you feed me so well after?" She laughed.

Chan gave her a heartwarming smile. "My members will always be well-fed. Eat some more, okay? I know you're sad but trust me, Lee Know will either come to his senses or jump off the roof to escape his feelings."

She winced. "I don't know how much I like the second option."

He patted her on the back. "If he doesn't recognize how special you are, Yun, he deserves the second option."

She rubbed at her eyes and let out a wobbly exhale, her tough facade cracking. "Thank you...you're the best."

After talking to Yun, Chan visited Lee Know in his office. Lee Know had dark bags under his eyes and a scowl as Chan began to converse with him.

"You're stupid, you know," Chan began. Lee Know's eyes flashed in warning but Chan held a hand up, silencing him. "When I was dating Yun, she treated me like a king. We only broke up because of a lack of chemistry."

"I don't want to hear about your relation–"

"Just listen. You're missing out on a lot and breaking her heart, and nobody can handle seeing her like this. You're scared of losing her, aren't you? But if you don't do anything," he shrugged, "well, you've already lost her. And you know what else?"

Lee Know flinched. All of this was a slap to the face.

"What?" he said tentatively.

"When you're out of the picture, well..." Chan gave a sly grin. "She can finally be mine." He was lying straight through his teeth. He knew Yun would never date him again, but he needed to provoke Lee Know.