13 - Aiming For Your Heart

SONG REC: "DREAM OF YOU" - CHUNGHA

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

"Today, you're going to learn how to aim your gun properly," Lee Know said. "Specifically, my gun."

Yun nodded, and pulled out the gun he had given her when she was first choosing a weapon. She had gotten very attached to the gun.

Lee Know's eyes zeroed in on the gun, but then met her uncovered eye. For a second, she lost her breath, but she nodded, and they began their lesson.

After reviewing the basics, he began to teach her tricks, like how to shoot a bullet and make it bounce off a wall perfectly to hit the target.

"It's all in the angle," said Lee Know. She nodded and took aim.

And just like she promised to do, she impressed Lee Know. She had mastered the skill in under twenty minutes, which was a record for any member. He taught her several more tricks, and she learned all of them quickly.

"So what weapon do you not know how to use?" asked Lee Know, with a faint smile on his face.

"Hmm..." She thought about it for a second. "A bow and arrow. I never learned how to use those, but it looks fun. I don't really know what they're good for, though."

"They're good for silent shots that are long-distance." Lee Know went over to the weapons room and grabbed two silver bows and a quiver of arrows. "The bow and arrow is no longer as useful nowadays, but it's best to be familiar with everything; don't you agree?"

Yun nodded.

He handed her the bow, and to her surprise, it was much lighter than it looked. The bow was large and seemed complicated to use, but she would master it.

"Take aim and shoot for the bulls-eye." Lee Know nodded towards the target board.

She held the bow awkwardly and tried to attach the arrow, but she fumbled and dropped it. She looked at him sheepishly. "Um, sorry, but how?"

He let out a small sigh but held back a smile as he got close to help her. Pressing against Yun, he put his hands on her shoulders and gently moved her so that her feet were perpendicular to the target. She tensed, painfully aware of his chest against her and his hands on her.

"Loosen up," he murmured into her ear. Which caused her to be more tense. She was stiff as a board. "I said, 'loosen up', Yun," he repeated.

"Sorry," she managed to say, and forced herself to relax.

He then placed his hands on hers to move them onto the right place on the bow. His hands were small and appeared to be the same size as hers. Pointing the bow to the ground, he gave her an arrow to attach to the string.

Shaking just slightly, she did so. Because there wasn't a sight, Lee Know put her three fingers below the arrow to bring it closer to her eye.

"Now aim, and let go," he said, dropping a hand to her waist. She jumped and turned back to look at him, and realized very suddenly just how close they really were. She could kiss him if she wanted to.

A faint blush was seen on her face at the thought. Where had that come from? She fixed her eye patch self-consciously and licked her lips, which she noticed were very dry.

Lee Know's eyes flickered to her lips for just a split second, but it was enough for the pink in her face to turn into red. He let out a small laugh before stepping back, and she immediately felt the loss of his body heat. She looked at him nervously.

"What, miss me already? I'm still here," he teased.

She forced back the smile threatening to expose itself. "Of course, not." Taking aim, she exhaled as she let go of the arrow.

And it hit the center exactly.

For the first time in a while, she felt as if she had truly learned something new and succeeded at it. She turned around and grabbed Lee Know's hands, jumping excitedly.

"I did it, I did it! On my first try!" she exclaimed with pride.

He looked at their hands with an amused expression and smirked. "You impress me again."

"Well, now I've mastered every weapon we have, right?"

His expression fell at her words. "Right."

"What's wrong?" She stared into his eyes worriedly.

He let go of her hands. "Nothing." He started walking away from her. "Lesson's over."

She followed behind him and grabbed onto his arm. "Wait, did I do something?'

Seeing her worried expression, he smiled, which nearly made her heart explode. "No, Yun, you didn't do anything wrong. But if I'm being honest..." He paused, and she nodded encouragingly. "Well, now that you've mastered everything, it means you won't have private lessons with me anymore."

He watched as the realization dawned on her. And then she began to giggle. He stared at her, flabbergasted.

"Are you–" she laughed, struggling to talk. "Are you saying you'll miss this?"

He grumbled, embarrassed. "I guess."

This sent her into another fit of laughter. "Lee Know! We're still going to see each other everyday. At breakfast, dinner, in between, before, and after." She wiped at her eyes, smiling.

"Still."

She hugged him, making his brain short-circuit. But he stood there, tense with his arms unmoving until she noticed and let go.

"Sorry, I should've asked first." Guilt was seen on her face, but he didn't know how to tell her that he actually liked the hug.

He shrugged and walked away. "It's fine." He couldn't help but feel like he had no excuse to be with her alone anymore.

As if she could read his mind, she called his name. "Lee Know," she said, sounding unsure, "I know you don't enjoy hanging out with me, but come over to my room some time and we can just talk, okay? And just tell me if you don't like physical affection."

"No, I like your affection – hugs," he reassured quickly. "And I'll be there. Tonight?" he added on impulse.

"Sure!"

The smile she gave him was worth agreeing to anything.

———

what are our thoughts on the story so far? 😸 anyways, IM SO EXCITED FOR SKZ'S COMEBACK. stream maxident when it's out.

 stream maxident when it's out