28 - Heartaches & Heartbreaks

SONG REC: "CRAZY STUPID LOVE" - TWICE

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Yun turned red, the most Lee Know had ever seen. "Nothing. I was just trying to make sure you live." She was obviously lying.

He laughed. "C'mon, say it."

"No," she said firmly. He frowned. She stood up and grabbed her medical kit as he sat up.

She helped him gently remove his shirt so she could rewrap his bandage. He let out a hiss of pain and was forced to lie back down. Yun stared at the wound, reminding herself of how he had sacrificed himself so quickly.

I want him to be mine.

She paused for a while. He shut his eyes due to exhaustion, not realizing that this was helping her build up her courage.

"Because I love you, Minho," she whispered quietly. She wondered if she said it loud enough or if she had even said it out loud.

But his eyes flew open, answering her question. He turned to look at her as his face turned red and his eyes widened. Yet, there was a frown on his face. She put a hand on his cheek and gently pushed his face in the other direction so he couldn't look at her.

"Don't say anything. I already know what you're going to say." She let out a rough exhale.

"And what am I going to say?" he asked softly. He turned his head but she yelped.

"Don't! Look! At! Me!"

"Fine," he muttered.

She was extremely red, and her hands were shaking as she worked on his injury. "Well, you obviously don't like me back, and I know it's a distraction to my work and—" she finished wrapping him up and sighed. "Yeah...I just. Let's just pretend this never happened. I just had to let you know."

He was too shocked to say anything, baffled by the fact that she could think that with all of the moments they shared. They had defended each other, held hands, hugged, and it was obvious he only had a soft spot for her. He just stared, stunned and overwhelmed.

"You...like me? Love me?" His tone came off bitter, completely different from how he felt.

She nodded. "I see that the feelings are unreciprocated. Well, get some rest." Her voice shook. She walked out, and he watched, helpless. Because he did not want to say whatever was at the tip of his tongue.

"Shit," he whispered to himself. "Fuckfuckfuck." He looked up at the ceiling. "I think I love her."

THINK? his heart screamed. You've ALWAYS loved her.

Love, he pondered. Did he love Yun, the only person he had ever truly opened up to; the only person who could make him smile no matter what?

He thought of them working out together, having movie nights, watching the sunset, her dressing up, doing missions, and comforting each other at night. His heart gave a loud thump.

She loves me back?

Lee Know groaned as he tried to sit up. A stabbing pain made him give up, and sweat dripped down his face as he struggled to breathe.

The members burst through the door with angry expressions on their faces.

"Minho!" I.N cried.

They all started lecturing him, hands flying and feet tapping on the ground.

"You let Yun walk out of this room after confessing?!" Hyunjin seethed.

"We heard everything."

"She walked out of your room holding back tears, Minho. And she's the biggest badass I know."

All the voices blended into one, and Lee Know could hardly pay attention anymore. His heart ached and his body felt ruined.

He swallowed back concern. "I can't have her as a distraction."

The members snorted at his stupidity. "She was already a distraction for you, yet you've remained the same, great boss you've always been. Nothing's going to change, so what are you so scared of?"

"What am I so scared of...? I'm Lee Know, the leader of Stray Kids. I fear nothing–"

"Shut your cheesy ass up and fucking own up to the fact that you're scared of love," Changbin exclaimed.

Lee Know squinted at Changbin. "I will not. I fear nothing."

Changbin let out an exasperated sigh. "Let's go, guys." All the members but Felix and Han left, sending glares before exiting.

Felix grimaced. "Han, go check up on Yun."

"But–!"

"Please, I need a moment with Lee Know," Felix murmured. Han nodded and exited after giving Lee Know a sad smile.

Felix turned to face Lee Know. "You know, she really does like you a lot. She was with you for every minute you were in a coma. She didn't eat at all, and I had to spoon-feed her because she was too busy holding onto your hands. You have nothing to lose with her."

He left, leaving Lee Know alone with his thoughts.

I have everything to lose. I could lose her.

He did not fear love. He knew he would love being Yun's. But he feared losing Yun. Because in this world, death came easily. If anything were to happen to her, he knew he would not survive.

If he were to ever lose Yun, he would lose himself.

————

in my drafts i only have about 3 more chapters of venom to write 😭😭 it actually hit me so hard. (don't worry, we still have many chapters!)

anyway, how are you guys? what's something fun you guys did recently? i had a reunion with my middle school friends ☺️