04 - Late Nights & Lectures

SONG REC: "VILLAIN DIES" - (G)I-DLE

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

After a long day of practicing with the gun, she went to bed and slept well.

Until she woke up in the middle of the night, hungry and craving something sweet. She already put the snacks the members gave her into the kitchen, so there was nothing in her room but water. She decided to go into the kitchen and get something quickly.

As she exited her room, she froze at the sound of footsteps beside her. It was pitch-black, and it didn't help that she could only see out of her right eye. Although she had been covering her left eye for a long time – about two years – she still struggled in the dark. She turned on the lamp in the hall.

Turning, she met Felix's amused expression, and they bursted into a fit of muted giggles.

"Do you..." he whispered, "want to make brownies?"

She nodded eagerly and tried to hold back her laugh. "You don't have to ask twice."

They crept out and used the stairs. As they got to the third floor, they got louder and more comfortable with talking at a normal volume.

Felix began laughing, and it changed from a high-pitched laugh to a deep-voiced one, making Yun laugh as well. Since they were in the stairway, it echoed, which made her snort.

Felix wiped at his eyes. "I've never had anybody accompany me on my late night baking before." They had gotten to the second floor and were entering the kitchen. He hummed as he got the ingredients out and put it on the countertop.

"Really? I can't believe that because it's only like, my second night here."

He patted her shoulder. "And that's why we're going to be best friends." His eyes trailed to her pocket, where Lee Know's gun was sticking out. He pointed at it. "Did you steal that from him? He's gonna kill you. Not literally." His eyebrows raised. "Actually, maybe."

She frowned. "Lee Know gave the gun to me. He told me it was just some gun he used and that he could always use another." She shrugged and pulled out the gun to show Felix. "And he said this gun suits me. I could feel the difference between this gun and other weapons."

He was staring at her with wide eyes. "Kim Yun-Yeong..."

"What?"

    "Minho opened up to us about this barely a year ago. It was the gun he used to survive when he was sold into slavery."

    The gun fell out of her grasp and clattered on the floor. "Lee Know...he...what?"

    "That's why I'm shocked! He wouldn't just give it to anybody. He must really trust you."

    She picked up the gun, still in disbelief. "He was...sold into slavery?"

    Felix nodded. "And nobody's even touched that gun before. The fact that he let you keep it..."