33 - Reunion

SONG REC: "COLLISION" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

The man was sluggishly crawling away, blood flowing out everywhere. The man coughed once. "Mother fucker..." he mumbled.

Lee Know turned around. "Never mind," he said. "I just remembered how much I want you dead."

He pulled out his gun and shot the man right in the heart.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Yun tried to open her eyes but it felt like somebody had glued them shut. She tried to move her body, just her fingers even. Nothing worked. She felt panic rising up her throat.

Where am I? Who am I? Am I dead?

She sucked in a deep breath.

My name is Kim Yun-Yeong. I am twenty-three years old. I was with Stray Kids.

Stray Kids.

Everything was pitch black as she tried opening her eyes. Was she finally blind? Her breathing turned erratic as she failed to see.

Help, she tried to scream, but no sound came out.

She moved her arms. They were finally working, and she patted her face. Bandages were covering her eyes and she gently pulled it off.

She forced her eyes open and nearly cried with relief as she saw the world with her usual vision. She was in a medical bed, with wires plugged into her. The faint sound of her heartbeat was monitored to her left. She turned to the right and realized she was in the fourth floor infirmary.

Everything – especially her eyes and back – burned, and she could hardly think. Why couldn't she remember the last thing that happened before she fell asleep?

She tried to focus. Flashes of pain and blood overwhelmed her, and she pushed the memory away. She was clearly in Stray Kids' base, and it was time she got up.

As she attempted to sit up, the door opened. She looked up to see Lee Know and all his beauty, despite the heavy lines of exhaustion written all over his face, rumpled hair, and purple eye bags.

He froze, his eyes wide. "I'm dreaming again," he murmured, slowly walking over. He sat down on the chair beside her bed.

She teared up. "No, I'm awake. Alive."

Tears dripped out of his eyes and onto the bed sheets. "Thank the universe," he whispered. "Let's just stay like this for a moment, please."

She brushed her hand through his hair, and more tears fell down his face. He grabbed her hand and slowly pressed a kiss into the back of her hand. A few minutes passed and he stood up, letting go of her hand.