16 - Forgive, Don't Forget

SONG REC: "CALL ME BABY" - EXO

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

"Jisung, I can't do this," Lee Know mumbled nervously as he paced his room.

"Yes, you can, big boy. You murdered like three people without blinking last week; you can tell this girl you're sorry."

"Right. I am Lee Know, leader of Stray Kids, survivor of a horrible past, killer of many. I can apologize to Yun–" His voice cracked at the end, and he cleared his throat. "Kim Yun-Yeong. Yes."

Han rolled his eyes. "Just go already. I'm gonna take a nap, wake me up when you're back." He proceeded to get comfortable on Lee Know's bed.

Lee Know walked to Yun's door, mentally preparing himself to apologize. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on her door gently. Anxiety filled him as he waited. Forgive me, Yun, I'm sorry–

"Come in!" her smooth voice called.

He opened the door and found Yun on her bed, wearing one of his old t-shirts that she cut shorter into a crop top. He noticed that she covered her stomach with her arm.

"What do you want?" she asked bitterly.

"To apologize. I'm sorry." He placed the gifts on the end of her bed, gauging her reaction. She hardly blinked.

"Mmmm," she hummed. "No, I really don't forgive you."

Flustered, he stuttered, "I...I'm sorry, Yun," as if he had never felt sorry before. Probably because he never had.

"And why should I forgive you? Just because you feel bad?" She raised a single brow. "Apologize for the shit you did, not because you're feeling guilty. Actually, apologize for the shit you did and for how I'm feeling."

"Yun, I...I'll do anything to get you to forgive me. I know what I did was wrong, inappropriate, rude, and I just want–" He paused. "I just want you to trust me."

"I do trust you. That doesn't mean you're forgiven."

He stepped closer to her, and instinctively, Yun leaned in. "Do you want me to beg? Yun, if you want me to beg, just say so, and I'll be on my knees."

She startled before regaining composure. And then, she smirked. "Beg for my forgiveness in front of all of the members, and then I'll think about it."

He smirked right back at her, and she shrunk back.

"Yes, ma'am," he said slowly. "Anything for you."

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Dinner came quickly. Yun decided to arrive a little late so that Lee Know would already be there when she came out.

When she walked out, Lee Know was staring at her with a small smile on his face. Standing, the members gaped as he walked over slowly, the room completely silent.