34 - Lover (FINAL)

SONG REC: "YOUR EYES" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Yun stared out the window, solemn. "It's already the start of a New Year..."

It was hard to believe that she had been a part of Stray Kids for six months. It felt both longer and shorter than that.

Han grinned at her once she turned around. "Well technically, it starts in half an hour. C'mon, darling, let's go to the roof and watch those fireworks."

She ran a hand through her hair and nodded, following him up.

Out on the roof, she ran into Lee Know. Everybody naturally gave them space as she approached him.

"Hey," she murmured.

His gaze traveled all over her body before being dragged to her face. You are so beautiful, he wanted to say, but his breath got caught in his throat.

"Hi," he said, embarrassingly red. "You look nice." She wore a stunning, silky red dress that cascaded down her body and showed off her curves.

"Thanks. So do you." Her lips curved upwards in a warm smile. "Any New Year's resolutions?"

"To be more brave."

She laughed. "But you're already brave!"

Not when it comes to you. "Hmm," he said noncommitedly. "What about you?"

"To recover as much as possible."

They continued talking as the clock's hands got closer to midnight. Yun shivered from the cold and Lee Know held back the urge to wrap his arms around her. Instead, he took off his jacket and placed it on her shoulders. She gave him a cute grin.

"Two minutes left!" Felix exclaimed, met with the cheers of the other members.

"Yun," Lee Know whispered.

"Yes, Lee Know?"

"Will you go downstairs with me?" The tips of his ears turned red.

She stared at him for a few seconds, making his heart drop before grinning brightly. "Yeah, sure!" She didn't question him, seeing how he was avoiding eye contact. Her heart thudded with anticipation.

As they walked down the stairs and into the stairway between the rooftop and fourth floor, he paused.

"Those kids are going to be the end of me," he complained as he heard screaming. He was clearly making small talk.

She laughed and he stopped to admire her. She glowed brighter than the brightest super moon.

"So, um, New Year, huh," he mumbled. "I, well – my resolution was to be more brave."

She nodded. "Go on."

"And I just need to know." He took a deep breath. "Yeong-ie?" he said quietly. "Do you still love me?"