14 - Birthday Soulmates

SONG REC: "MIXTAPE: OH" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

When Lee Know had first recruited Yun, he had talked with her to finish her file. Absently going through it now, he stared at the selfie she took because she didn't want anybody – any "man," she said specifically – to take her picture unless she trusted them. Which she didn't, at the time.

He chuckled at how she was grinning at the camera, oblivious to how Hyunjin and Han were behind her, holding up peace signs and sticking out their tongues. Looking closer, he spotted Felix giving Changbin a kiss on the cheek in the back.

His eyes trailed down to her statistics, and he realized that it was her birthday tomorrow. October 25th, the same day as him. And then he frowned.

"It's my birthday, tomorrow," he mumbled to himself. He had forgotten with all the stress and...Yun. Like he had promised, he visited her room often. Sometimes, they just sat there, and other times, they had conversations long enough to last until sunrise.

Every single time, no matter how much he prepared himself, he would find himself staring and admiring her. And although he could've imagined it in his desperation, he would catch Yun staring at him too.

He knew that by this time at night, everybody was sleeping. He walked out to the kitchen and prepared the cake batter, which he did for each member's birthday. Usually, he had help from Felix, but he didn't want to wake him up when he could bake the cake himself. He worked on the cake and messed up, sighing. If only Felix was here.

As if Felix was telepathic, he walked out to the kitchen with a bag of cake batter and bursted out laughing.

"Minho, are you making a cake for Yun or yourself?"

"Yun."

"That's wonderful, but your cake looks hideous. You should've woken me up since I always do the decorating. Here, let's make a new one and save this one for cake pops."

Lee Know huffed but smiled with relief. "Thanks, Lix."

"Oh and..." Felix grinned. "I woke up all the other members so we could decorate the place as Yun sleeps. We wanted to surprise you too, so go back to bed. I'll bake the cake."

"No, I'll help–"

"Nuh-uh-uh, you're going to bed." Felix took off Lee Know's apron for him and gently pushed him in the direction of his bedroom. "Even better if it's Yun bed."

Lee Know pursed his lips. "What?"

"Don't pretend like you guys haven't been staying up all night together. Now, shoo." The members began filing in as Felix grinned.

Flustered but refusing to show it, Lee Know obediently walked to his bedroom. On impulse, he walked to Yun's room, but hesitated. He knocked gently, and the door opened in a split second.