17 - The Sun and the Sky

SONG REC: "SOUR GRAPES" - LE SERRAFIM

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Right after the dinner, the two were back to how they were right before the fight. One particular afternoon, Lee Know was in his office, staring out a window, and trying to tamper down his stress.

"Fuck," he muttered. "I need–" Soft footsteps made him pause talking to himself.

"Lee Know?" she called.

His silence was a response in itself.

"Can I give you a hug?" she asked quietly from behind.

He looked over his shoulder. He frowned at her before returning to stare out the window. "I guess."

She rubbed the back of her neck. "Fine. Nevermind." She turned to leave. "But you can just say no, next time."

"Hug me." He paused for a bit before adding, "Please." He kept facing out the window, keeping his back to her. But his ears revealed how embarrassed he was to ask.

Yun wanted to giggle at the sight. Pulling herself together, she walked forward and wrapped her arms around his waist. He sighed, as if he could finally breathe. It was crazy how much of a comforting presence she was to him.

After a while, he turned his whole body around and hugged her back. He rested his head on her shoulder, since she was too tall to rest his head on top of hers. He loved that about her.

Loved? he questioned himself. No, not love. He just loved her height, not actually her. Although it wouldn't take much effort to do so.

He shouldn't have been having these thoughts.

But he nudged her arms upwards so that he could wrap his arms around her waist, and he forgot it all. As he pulled her closer, Felix walked in.

"Ohohoho!" he cackled as he took a quick picture. The two shoved each other away, but not before Felix got a clear photo of them. He ran out like the devil was chasing him.

"Well," Lee Know said with a crooked smile, "sorry about that." His attention shifted to the window, where the sunset was beginning.

Looking back, he saw Yun admiring the sun. She looked so infatuated with the sun and the sky, so he opened the window for her.

"Sit on the ledge," he said. "It's fun." He didn't actually know. He just knew she'd enjoy it.

Her eyes widened from excitement and she swung her legs over the ledge. She looked around at the world with all the beauty of it in her eyes.

"Join me," she said without looking.

"I–uh," he stuttered, "I have a fear of heights."

She gave him her hand. "Hold onto my hand. I won't let you fall." She let her hand drop a little. "If you want, of course."