11 - IOU

SONG REC: "BLUE FLAME" - LE SSERAFIM

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

She stifled a sob and looked away from her ankle. The pain would have to wait. Outside the VIP room, there was screaming. The room shook as a bomb went off, and shrill yells pierced Yun's ears.

She put a hand on the floor to help herself stand. Lee Know walked in during the struggle and studied the room before dragging his eyes to her.

"You done?"

"Yeah." Yun was finally able to stand and hopped over J. Kon's  body. She winced when her hurt foot touched the floor and put more weight on her other leg to accommodate.

"Then let's go."

She nodded.

Lee Know glanced at her ankle, but said nothing. He walked over to J. Kon, stabbed him in the heart, and walked ahead of Yun.

She limped after him. Her ankle was turning dark purple, and a burning sensation made her want to vomit. But she forced herself to move anyway, knowing that they were running out of time before security or cops came.

It was chaos outside. The smoke bombs made everything foggy, and the grenades had blown everything up. The walls had turned into rubble, and nothing was recognizable. Bodies – which may have been dead or alive – were all over the ground. Yun held her breath so that she wouldn't breath in the chemicals from the bombs.

She dragged her feet, trying to keep up with Lee Know. As they were about to exit the club, Yun stopped walking. She leaned against the wall to take the weight off her feet, sweat dripping off her face.

"Wait, Lee Know," she hissed.

"What did he do?" Lee Know asked normally, as if she wasn't hurt.

"I think he sprained my ankle so it hurts a bit."

He took a minute to observe the ankle. "I would assume so." Alarms were blaring and he motioned for her to stand up straight. "We have to leave now."

She straightened up and walked after him, biting the inside of her cheek to hold back tears. They made it outside and walked half a mile towards the base. When they got to what seemed like a safe alley, Yun stopped and collapsed onto the ground.

Lee Know turned around. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She tried getting up to start walking again but stopped. She started breathing shallow to hold back the pain. "I'm sorry, I know you don't need the burden of an injured person."

"Injuries happen." He got down on a knee beside her. "Can I carry you?"

Yun raised an eyebrow. "Well, you tell me. Can you carry me?"

"I was asking for permission, not questioning my ability." He offered a hand. "Up."

She grabbed his hand and stood. In a blink, he had effortlessly picked her up in a fireman's carry, and his hands were on the back of her thighs.