08 - The New Ace

SONG REC: "BEG FOR ME" - RED VELVET

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

It was time for Yun's second mission. It had only been three days since her first mission, but the members believed she was ready for her next.

"Don't stress," Felix had reminded her. "You're very talented, and your instincts will protect you."

The plan was to go to the enemy base with Han, kill the leader's right hand man, and leave. The man's name was Jongrin, which was amusing, since it meant palm. He must've been good with his hands or something.

They had left exactly at midnight, and arrived at 12:30. First, they slipped a machine that released laughing gas through Jongrin's bedroom vent, so that he would be drugged and stayed asleep.

Yun and Han couldn't fit through the vent though, and they didn't want to risk waking Jongrin up by attempting to go in. The two went around and climbed up the walls, slipping into the base through the chimney.

"Don't you think this is too easy?" asked Yun. "Most gangs, and especially one this big, wouldn't have such an obvious spot to sneak in right? And what about that camera?" She pointed at the one right in front of them.

Han shook his head. "Nah, I do this all the time. Don't worry. And I already turned off all the cameras on the outside. Besides, there's nobody to check the cameras right now, either." He entered first with Yun closely behind.

But the moment that he stepped onto the gang's floor, alarms were screaming throughout the place. Yun could hear scrambling feet and knew they would be discovered soon.

Yun instantly looked at the floor and spotted the trip wire. She grabbed pliers out of her bag and clipped the wire, making the alarm stop. But too much people were already aware of their presence.

She looked at Han, who had freezed. "Han Jisung!" she whisper-shouted. He blinked and began moving to her side.

Gang members rushed them from all around, but Yun pulled out her gun and shot all of them before they could blink. Blood was everywhere, and her ears were ringing. She ran and hid around the corner.

One more person, obviously the leader, came out last with a gun pointed at Jisung, who had his hands raised in the air. He couldn't see her, but he sure could see Han.

Yun threw her knife at the leader, which went straight through his heart. Lee Know's lessons had paid off. She went over to the leader and pulled her knife out, wiping it on her shirt.

They still had one more person to kill. The right hand man. Yun had to laugh. So far, they had killed everybody but him, the original goal.

Han and Yun pulled on face masks to avoid inhaling the drug released in his room. There Jongrin was, dozing peacefully without knowing that his whole team was dead.

"Do the honors, Yun," Han said through his thick mask, making his voice muffled.

She took the knife Lee Know gave her and stabbed the man. The man pulsed once, and then fell still. She pulled her knife out and watched as blood gushed out. Killing came too easily for her.

She glanced at Han who was near the door. "Hyunjin was right. You do need to kill better."

He shrugged awkwardly, and appeared to look pale. "To be fair, I'm the ace of Stray Kids. I prefer to let my other members do the killing while I do everything else."

She softened. It was obvious he didn't like taking lives. "Alright, let's go home."

Her second mission was successfully completed.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

At home, Han – like Changbin – would not shut up about her skill. He retold the story countless times, and reenacted it even better than Changbin had.

She began working with Seungmin, Felix, and I.N to train for becoming a medic. Not surprisingly, she was good at being a medic due to her experience on the streets.

Yun trained with Seungmin and Felix until she had all of their skills combined.

"Yun," Seungmin said, "you're the best medic we have."

Felix nodded. "For sure. We all focus on killing but we never focused on medicine much. It's time we change that, just in case something happens."

Together, the three of them made and packed compact med kits, and Yun continued studying beyond what Felix and Seungmin taught her.

Better safe than sorry, as they say. Yun had the feeling she would need all her medical skills one day, because no gang stayed unharmed forever.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Lee Know knocked on Yun's door. He counted in his head, waiting for her to open it. She opened the door when he counted to five point three seconds.

"Hey," she said, smiling at him. He didn't return the smile, but he nodded in acknowledgement.

"Hey."

"What's the visit for?" Yun cringed at her words. It felt like they were strangers. Which they basically were.

"I–" He opened his mouth to say something, but he paused and looked at her outfit. She was in his shorts and t-shirt, and he felt strange seeing it.

She cleared her throat. "Lee Know?"

"Right," he said as normally as possible. "Listen, I want to know if you're okay with the new plan. It will be your first truly dangerous mission, and I know you've been on a few missions before, but those were simply warm-ups. Now that you've proved yourself, things are going to get serious."

She frowned. "What plan would I not be okay with?"

"You're going to have to go into a hidden base as a stripper. And that means you also have to practice for it." He studied her body language carefully.

He could see her trembling as she nodded firmly. "You know I won't refuse. And you know, I've done worse things for money. This is nothing." Her fingers adjusted her eye patch awkwardly.

He held her eye. "You sure?"

"When have you ever been concerned?" She was thrown off by his unusual worry, and she held back the urge to thank him, hug him, and/or kick him out the room. He stiffened.

"You're a member of my team, which means I have to worry about whether or not you can execute this plan."

She waved him off. "Just make sure everything else is planned well and I'll do whatever's assigned."

"Can you do it?"

"I can and I will."

————