20 - Silent Cry

SONG REC: "SILENT CRY" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

*TW: this chapter mentions sexual assault, harassment, drugs, prostitution, murder

Yun squirmed on her bed. It had been two months since her period, and she was sure it'd arrive any day. She didn't know what to do about it though. She had no pads, no tampons, nothing. Being a woman was difficult, especially in a gang full of cis men.

Lee Know knocked on her door and entered. He frowned at her expression. "Yun? Are you okay? What's up?"

"I...uh," she paused awkwardly.

He waited patiently, knowing that she was working up to telling him. "You can trust me. Whatever problem you have, I'll do my best to come up with a solution."

She nodded and said quickly, "I think I'm getting my period soon."

"Oh?" He tilted his head. "Well that's not a big deal."

"...what?" She gaped at him. "Not a big deal...?"

He nodded. "At least, getting the stuff. I can take care of that."

The next day, everything she ever needed on her period was at the foot of her bed. Pads with wings, tampons, heat pads, massagers, pain killers. Lee Know was amazing.

She ran to his room.

He opened the door. "Hello–"

She beamed and hugged him. Startled, he took a few staggering steps back, but then he returned the hug gently.

"Uh," he cleared his throat, "you're welcome?"

"Yes, thank you!" She could feel all her worries fly away.

"No problem."

"See you later, Lee Know. I'm going to go hang out with Chan."

Lee Know could only purse his lips. He knew jealousy wasn't attractive. "Later."

It was strange how he felt so much anger towards Chan, his kind leader.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

The older woman pulled him closer. "Don't worry, sweetheart, it'll be good for you."

Fourteen year-old Lee Know covered his ears and prayed that he could block out everything.

She yanked his hands off. "My clients are waiting. Be a good boy." She leaned down to give him a kiss on the cheek, her warm breath making his face feel sticky.

"No, I can't, please," he begged.

"Yes, you can. I believe in you." She smiled, and he could feel his heart freeze over.