10. Peter's Mate

Jace POV

"I have never wanted to sleep so badly in my life" Taylor said slapping himself.

"The after effects of my birthday can do that to you" Peter said with a cocky grin.

"I told you not to drink too much. We know how you can get" I informed him.

"Too late now. Do you think Peter will find his mate today?" Taylor asked.

"I hope so. I need some money" I joked.

"You two are hilarious. Whether I find my mate or not, I will not be whipped like sir Jace".

"Whatever man" I said rolling my eyes.

"Hey boys" Claire said coming up and wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Sup" Taylor and Peter mumbled.

"I've missed you Jace" she said so only I could here.

"That's great but you really have to stop touching me".

When would this girl learn?

She smiled. "You can't be serious? You use to love when I touched you".

"Until you cheated. Besides, I found my mate" I told her as a smile made its way onto my face.

Spencer seemed to have this effect on me. Just thinking about her could make me smile.

"Spencer? You can't be serious about her either. Does she even know your little secret?"

"Yes I'm serious about her and it doesn't matter whether or not she knows, she's my mate".

"Well when she doesn't stick around you know where to find me" she said kissing my cheek and walking into the building.

"That chick is annoying" Peter said as we began walking into school.

"Who are you telling" I mumbled.

"So how was last night?" Taylor asked me changing the subject.

"Spare me the sap story" Peter said walking ahead of us.

"She opened up a lot and that's all I really wanted. I kissed her and it just confirmed everything. I can't wait to tell her that I am a wolf and I can't wait for her to accept me" I said.

Now that me and Spencer were getting somewhere. I could not wait to tell her what I was.

"Don't let Claire make you think she won't accept you man. She's just a bitter ex who will do anything to get you back" Taylor said.

"Not trying to sound like a wuss but I can't wait for you two to find your mates. I want you to experience this feeling" I said.

Peter paused in the middle of the hallway.

"What's up man?"

"You guys don't smell that?" he asked.

I sniffed. "All I smell is Spencer".

"I smell rain" Taylor said scrunching up his eyebrows.

"It smells like strawberries. It smells fucking good" he said sniffing.

I began laughing and knowing exactly what was going on. "Well I guess you're going to find your mate today after all".

Taylor smiled next to me. "You smell your mate? No wonder we can't smell it".

"My mate is human" Peter said with wide eyes.

"Tough love" I joked. "Well Taylor, looks like we're gonna be getting our ten dollars a lot sooner than we expected".

"Just because my mate is in this building doesn't mean I'm gonna get whipped".

"Okay" I said putting my hands up in surrender.

He would have to learn on his own.

Catching the scent was the first step in finding your mate and soon Peter would be going crazy.

"That smell is blowing my mind. I want some strawberries now" he said looking confused.

Me and Taylor exchanged looks and began to laugh. "I'm gonna go meet up with Spencer" I said heading down the hallway. I was pretty sure of myself that Peter was going to find his mate by the end of the day.

_________________________________________

Spencer POV

As I reached up to grab a book from my locker, I felt a pair of familiar hands wrap themselves around my waist.

I loved the electric feeling between us and I grinned. "Hi Jace" I said breathlessly.

"Good Morning beautiful" he said kissing my neck.

I was aware of the looks we were getting from peers due to our careless act of PDA but I didn't care.

"How did you sleep last night?" I asked.

"Well since there was a party going on in my house, I didn't get much sleep" he said spinning me around so that I was facing him.

He looked amazing as always in a red sweatshirt and a pair of black jeans.

"I can't tell" I said.

He smiled and kissed me softly on the lips leaving that familiar tingling feeling. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept just fine".

Every night I went to bed, I got the feeling that I was being watched but it made me feel safe. I was very comfortable with it. Now, it was the only way that I would be able to sleep.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

I smiled. "You".

He stared down at me and I began to feel shy. How could one guy make me feel this way in just a week?

The bell rang and I jumped. "Guess that's our cue" I said turning around and shutting my locker.

He took the books out of my hand. "Let me walk you to class".

"Then you're gonna be late" I said.

He shrugged his shoulders. "So what? Come on" he said taking my hand and leading me down the crowded hallway to History.

I felt everyone's eyes on us. Most surprised, some happy, others angry.

I was walking hand in hand with Jace Spear.

This. Was. Amazing.

"Where's your class?" I asked looking up at him.

"On the left wing".

The left wing was on the other side of the school. Why was he walking all the way over here for me?"

"Don't worry about it" he said reading my expression. "I'd rather walk you to class any day".

Jace Spear always knew what to say.

We stopped once we reached my classroom and he handed me my books. "I'll see you at lunch".

"You're sitting with me again?" I asked.

"I wouldn't have it any other way" he smiled before giving me a quick kiss just as the late bell rang.

"Go to class" I said pushing him.

He laughed and slowly began to head off.

Walking into class, all eyes were on me. Was this how it would always be?

"You and Jace?" a brunette named Carol asked as I took my seat next to her.

I gave her a small nod. "Something like that".

"He is so amazingly cute. Congrats" she said.

"Uh thanks" I said.

********************

"Hello ladies" Taylor said taking a seat next to Essence at our lunch table.

"Hey Taylor" we said in unison.

The guys had been eating with us regularly now and it was a nice change to our regular lunch conversations.

"How was your weekend?" he asked taking a huge bite of pizza.

I still needed to get use to the way that they ate.

"I had to spend it with my dad and that's not really my favorite thing to do" she said.

"I did some homework" I said feeling like a dork.

"Wanna do mine?" Taylor joked.

Jace joined the table a few minutes later and kissed me on the cheek. "I missed you" he whispered in my ear.

"I missed you too" I said feeling my face heat up.

Taking a bite out of my apple, I ignored the cheesy smiles that Essence and Taylor were giving us.

Although I wasn't officially Jace's girlfriend, I wouldn't turn him down if he asked me.

I hope he knew that.

Peter finally joined the table with two trays of food.

"Is he really gonna eat all of that?" I asked Jace.

"He sure is".

Peter said on the other side of me and something weird happened. He froze.

His body became stiff and he pounded his fist down on the table.

What the hell got into him?

He was looking at Essence like she was the only person in the room.

She raised an eyebrow up at him. "What?"

She began touching her face checking to see if there was something there.

"Oh boy" Jace mumbled.

Peter suddenly stood up. "Mine" he said softly.

"What's his?" Essence asked confused.

Peter backed up and quickly made his way out of the lunch room.

Taylor exchanged a weird look with Jace before they stood up. "Um, we'll be right back" Jace said as they rushed after Peter.

"What the hell was that?" Essence asked.

I didn't have an answer but the look Peter gave to Essence was the same exact look Jace gave to me that one day in the hall.

Something weird was definitely going on.

____________________________

Jace POV

Taylor and I followed Peter into bathroom just as shocked as he was.

Who would have known?

He was leaning against the wall with his hands on his head.

"It's not that bad" I told him.

Looking up at me, he shook his head. "My mate is my best friend's crush" he said.

"Don't worry about me man. It's not like we were dating and that just means my mate is still somewhere out there" Taylor said.

"I feel weird. I feel like I'm breaking the bro code".

Taylor smiled. "Naw. You're just being my best friend but your mate is your mate and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I'm happy for you Pete".

"What the hell are the odds that me and Jace would have mates that are best friends?" Peter said cracking up.

"That is pretty weird" I said laughing with him.

"Well you two found your mates. Only one more left" Taylor said.

"Does Spencer and Essence have another friend we don't know about?" Peter asked.

"I don't think so" I said.

"How the hell am I going to get Essence to go out with me?"

"Trust me dude, she won't be able to resist the charge. It's impossible" I told him.

Peter sighed. "I have a feeling this isn't gonna be easy".

"Don't sweat it" Taylor said.

"Dudes, my mate's Essence" he said like we weren't getting it.

"We know Peter. Now go handle your business man".

With a few more encouraging words, we headed back into the lunchroom to face our very confused looking mates.

"Sorry" Peter mumbled switching seats and sitting next to Essence.

"What's going on?" Spencer whispered to me.

I gave her a smile. "Don't worry about it. Peter's just weird" I said whispering back though I knew he could hear me loud and clear.

Not looking convinced, Spencer continued to eat her lunch. I knew she thought all of this weird and in due time I would explain everything.

Peter was stiff as ever and I knew not being able to do anything about Essence being his mate was making him extremely uncomfortable.

The attraction between a wolf and their mate was beyond this world. Being around the person was necessary and being apart was harder than anything you would ever experience.

"What are you doing tonight?" I asked Spencer.

She smiled. "Nothing".

"Wanna hang out?"

She nodded her head and I smiled.

Tonight was the night I planned on telling Spencer the truth.

I was going to reveal that I was werewolf.

***A/N: 2 chapters in one day within the same hour !!!! I wanted to get them out there! Also, the trailer for this story is on the side. Thank you mhmcrystal for your time! It is amazing <3 This chapter is dedicated to you! :D