22. I Miss You

Once I unlocked the door to my house, I didn't even want to be mad anymore. Whatever my mom was cooking smelled too good to be upset.

"Mmmm" I said shutting the door and leaning my back against it.

"Welcome home" my dad said standing in front of me with folded arms.

Letting out a sigh, I cocked my head to the side.

"I'm sorry?" I said it more of a question hoping that it would suffice.

"Sorry won't roll over so well this time Spencer. You went to a boy's house sometime last night and when we called, you didn't even answer. Don't you teenagers keep those things connected to your face at all times?" my dad asked.

"I know dad but it's not at all what it sounds like. Essence was with me" I said regretting it instantly.

"Excuse me?" my mom said joining the scene.

"Guys calm down. Can't we go somewhere more comfortable like a ditch?" I asked covering my face with my hands hoping to disappear.

Peeking through them, I could tell that these two weren't buying any of my crap.

"Okay look. I was upset and I called Jace. I made the decision to go over there and we slept in separate rooms" I said not exactly telling the truth.

"So what does Essence have to do with this?" my dad asked.

"Well she likes Peter" I said.

"Who's Peter?"

Wow. My dad was really clueless.

"Jace's best friend".

"Then who's Jace?"

"Dad!"

"What?!"

"Honey, Jace is a guy that Spencer went out with. She likes him" my mom said clueing my dad in.

"When did you go out with this Jace?"

"Jace Spear. We've kind of been hanging out".

Why was this so awkward?

"Jace Spear? Doesn't his parents own that art shop you always go to?" he said to my mom.

Rolling my eyes, I headed up the steps.

"Whoa there. This discussion is far from over. Come into the kitchen and have a seat" my mom said in her serious voice, which was rare.

"Okay but can I just shower and get into some clean clothes please?"

With a nod, my mom headed back into the kitchen.

"Make it quick" my dad said following her.

Once inside my room, I buried myself in the shower. It felt so refreshing to feel the warm water against my skin.

Thinking back to last night, I remembered that wolf.

That wolf that was supposed to be Justin.

Nothing made sense anymore and it seemed like anything was possible.

Wolves really did exist and that meant Jace was the second one in my life.

With Justin being a wolf, I had no idea.

"When did my life become so complicated?" I asked myself as I ran my hands over my face.

I washed my hair feeling completely free of whatever nasty feelings I had after last night and got out of the shower.

After throwing on some sweat pants, a Ravens shirt and putting my hair up in a messy bun, I knew that it was time to face my parents.

I was becoming irritated because my mother was being unreasonable and my father was just being confused as ever.